Part 32: The Math Date

A/N: I am so insanely sorry with the late update! I usually update weekly but since I spent my whole weekend on my Sounds Live Feels Live show in Copenhagen I didn't have the time to finish the part before now! The concert was amazing, I was front row, joined Soundcheck and got the chance to share a few glances with Luke ;-) Pure amazing night, I hope everyone who has been on the slfl tour has been having a good time! Also, the photo I have attached is one I took from the concert! :D 

"Oh and before you go." Luke announced after a full thirty minutes of rambling, his hands baffling in the air while his eyes widened, "I forgot to return your latest math assignments."

Your inattentive face moved up by the announcement, your lips parting when Luke gave Meredith a stack of papers in her hands. The seat next to you was empty, not a single sight of Matty all day. You had texted, you had called him a few times you were even so close to call his mom. This wasn't like him, far from it and having to deal with a math class on your own was worse than doing the actual math.

A vibration appeared loud on the wooden table and you didn't hesitate to reach your hand forward and grab your phone.

"Sorry Y/N! I spent all day with Zoey last night and we kind of lost track. Please don't tell anyone my parents will kill me if they find out I've skipped a whole day of classes!"

Rolling your eyes after reading the text message your thumbs drew circles over the keyboard. You didn't even know whether or not you wanted to reply. You had been waiting all day for this and now when the last class was almost over there wasn't even a reason to answer him.

"Ms. Y/L/N."

Your attention was removed instantly from your phone by the sound of your name and you furrowed your eyebrows confused, "What?"

"Is that a phone I see?" Luke commented and crossed his arms, his teeth digging into his bottom lip.

"No, it's a piece of soap? What's your problem, class is over within eight minutes." You argued, already knowing what he had in mind.

Luke had changed so badly lately you couldn't even stand being in math. Not because you were sad, not because you were hurt or the sight of Meredith. It was the way Luke had changed, the way he saw you like you were the most hated student he educated.

Not that you didn't make things any better. Pushing off all the pain you had in your veins you changed it into rage. Doing all you could to annoy him, showing your lack of attention in math on purpose and answering him back with cocky comments to annoy the shit out of him.

"You know the rules." He stated and let go of whatever he had in his hands, "No phones during my class. That includes the time from when this class starts until it ends." He stopped by your table and reached his hand forward.

You rolled your eyes by his pathetic way of using his dominance, literally smashed the phone against his palm and crossed your arms. This was ridiculous and getting out of hand. And Matty wasn't even here to witness it or calm you down for the matter.

"If you take a look at the assignments, some of you did very well. I'm a very pleased teacher." Luke mentioned while packing his bag, collecting some of the papers on his desk which he used for class.

You watched carefully as Meredith went down the row of tables where you sat and you didn't hesitate to knock down your bag, making it land in front of her.

It was a satisfied smirk that came to your lips when she tripped over the sudden object in front of her feet, her long body stumbling over the purse and she grasped onto the table next to you. There was a mix of giggles along with some gasping, all attention on her now while Luke's were on you.