MARK

I fell asleep before Daemon and Angel returned, so I was surprised at the sight of Daemon shaking me awake.

   "It's time to head out," he says simply. He tells me that, while I was asleep, Angel managed to successfully disable the microchip that was implanted in Jamal's neck. Then he walks over to the sleeping form of my cousin and begins to shake him awake as well.

   I sigh. Today's the day—we either save Robin, or we don't. If we don't save her, we'll most likely get captured as well. And, if we got captured, this "Time" person would probably take advantage of that, and the world would be screwed.

   "Mark," someone says, and I turn to look at the person who's speaking. It's Jamal, and he's telling me that Daemon is about to explain the plan.

   Daemon stands before the group, and says loud and clear, "I don't want any arguments. If you have any complaints, feel free to shut up and listen."

   "Wow," I hear John mutter, "what a nice guy..."

   Daemon shoots John a glare, and says, "The people who will be going inside to retrieve Robin are Mark, John, and Angel."

   "Yes!" John shouts in excitement. "I'm going to kick some government agent's butt!"

   Angel and I just nod, and Daemon continues, "Mark controls the most offensive element, while John can put out the flames in case he sets the pathway on fire. Plus, if Mark began to burn the lock on Robin's cell, and John then used water..."

   "The lock would weaken, and possibly break!" Cooper finishes, grinning. "That's brilliant!" He looks over at Liz with a grin, which is quickly replaced by a blush as he turns his head away.

   Daemon nods. "Angel's going as lookout. He can communicate with the spirits there that are invisible to all except him, and they'll tell him where the agents are and when."

   "They don't like coming out during the day," Angel mumbles, "but I guess they won't mind if it's to save Robin."

   "Jamal and I will be outside with our method of escape," Daemon says, motioning to several objects at his side. "The red scooter is Mark's—he can use fire power to escape. I have my own methods of escaping, as does Angel, and the green scooter is for Robin. Jamal and John will use this scooter," Daemon points at the unusually large scooter that runs on batteries, "because it has a seat for one person, while the other can stand. Jamal can use air power to get it to move away at a faster speed."

   "What about us?" Emma asks, frowning. I can tell that she wanted to be in the offense group that would help Robin escape, and she's especially upset that she isn't in either group.

   "Yeah," Cooper asks, "what about the rest of us?"

   "Since Liz doesn't have any abilities—no offense, Liz," Daemon says, adding a smile at the end, "she'll be staying here, and she can't stay here alone and unprotected. Plus, if we have too many people go on the Robin rescue mission, we wouldn't manage our escape because we'd be slowed down by numbers. We'd also have a better chance of getting caught if we had our whole group." He points at the four of us as he states, "Emma, Liz, Cooper, and Peter—you four will be staying here. This is our rendezvous point; does everyone understand?"

   Everyone nods, except Angel and Peter, both of whom let out annoyed huffs. Daemon raises his eyebrow at them and asks, "Is there a problem?" Peter quickly shakes his head, and Angel mumbles something under his breath. "Then, let's get going."

   Angel stands up and walks over to Daemon, pointing at me, and hisses, "I will not work with him."

   "You don't have a choice," Daemon snaps. Angel frowns, and then he turns and glares at me.