Chapter 77 - Captains Table

I woke up Sunday morning ecstatic. We were going on vacation, still, the location was a mystery. I didn't even pack my own bag, Vanessa did, she said the clothes I needed to pack would have been a hint to where we were going. I got out of bed, and changed into jeans and a sweatshirt. I decided, wherever we were going, we were most likely flying, and I intend to be comfortable.

"GOOD MORNING NIÑITA!" Lin threw open my bedroom door yelling this like Robin Williams yells 'good morning Vietnam!' "Are you ready to go?" He asked.

"Yeah, just tell me one thing, are these clothes ok?" I asked, gesturing to my outfit.

"Yeah, you'll probably want to change when we get there, but, for now." He shrugged, "come on, we're leaving!" He motioned for me to follow him, which I did, I noticed he was wearing a t-shirt and jeans (no surprise there) and Vanessa was wearing a dress, even Sebastian was wearing a little beachy shirt, and shorts. He was adorable.

"Are we going to the beach?" I asked.

"Nope, stop trying to figure it out, take your suitcase." Lin pointed towards a pink rolling suitcase, which I grabbed, and followed the 3 of them out the door, and down the stairs to the front of the building.

"I called a cab, it should be here soon." Vanessa said, checking her watch. About a minute later, a cab pulled up in front of the building, and we all got in, with me, Vanessa and Seb in the back, and Lin, up front with the driver. In a little more than 10 minutes, we arrived at a port, so we weren't flying.

"Are we going on a cruise?" I asked, stepping out of the car.

"Yep." Lin beamed a bit, probably because he kept this a secret.

"Really?!" I asked, super excited.

"Yeah, to the Caribbean." Vanessa said, grabbing her bag from the back of the cab.

"Oh my gosh! Yes!" Scratch that I was ecstatic.

"I take it you've never been on a cruise." Lin said, handing me my bag.

"I've never been on a boat." I confessed.

"Seriously, I mean I get never going on a cruise, but a boat?" Vanessa pressed.

"It just, never happened." I shrugged.

"But, you can swim right?" Vanessa clarified.

"Yeah of course." I said, walking towards the boat.

"Ok, just making sure, because I had to buy you swimsuits for this trip."

"Yeah, my last family refused to even buy me, like, jeans, much less a swimsuit." I said.

"Ah, I see." Lin said, as we approached the massive boat. "Boarding should start soon." He said, checking his phone. As he said this, a man came out of the boat.

"Priority boarding for disabled passengers and VIP's begins now." He said via a megaphone.

"That's us." Lin said, picking up his suitcase, "come on." He headed towards the boat.

"Wait, we're VIP's?" I asked running after him.

"No," Vanessa responded, "you're in a wheelchair." The sarcasm is strong.

"Yes." Lin clarified, handing tickets to the man who previously yelled for us to begin boarding. "Miranda, party of 4." He told the man, as he checked all of our tickets.

"Passports?" He asked, considering we were going to several other countries. Lin handed him 4 passports. I got a passport when I was adopted, I got a lot of new legal stuff due to the name change. Once he had determined that we were all ourselves. He handed the tickets and passports back to Lin. "Your suite should be on the top deck, the number is on the tickets.