56. Too late

I have been searching for it ever since I recommended it to you all but I can't find it. Does anyone who has read f.a.i.t.h by joprbooks know what happened? Did the writer take it off wattpad and why? Hopefully not, that book was too good.
Song: Apologize - One republic

"Sometimes I wonder if anything is absolute anymore. Is there still right and wrong? Good and bad? Truth and lies? Or is everything negotiable, left to interpretation, gray? Sometimes were forced to bend the truth? to transform it because we are faced with things that are not of our own making. And sometimes, things simply catch up with us." - Lucas Scott One Tree Hill.
The book is not over though this chapter will feel like it.
***
A knock resounds against the door.

    Taking a deep breath I get up, take another deep breath and open the door revealing Lexis his eyes unreadable. Did he hear me?

He grins.

I guess he didn't, I calm down.

"Do you need anything? Keith and I where going to go grab some beer," He says.

"Yes, I need to stop by my hall," I say and he nods.

I step out and join Keith in the car.

"Sleeping are you sure you'll be okay going back there?" Keith asks and I nod.

"Why do you call her sleeping?" Lexis asks.

"The first time we met she lost consciousness in my hands," Keith says face sad.

"Like today? Does that happen a lot?" Lexis asks looking at me through the mirror.

"When she's stressed," Keith answers.

"I'm sorry," Lexis says assuming it's his fault, well he is part of it but not the main reason.

I stay quiet.

"Plus she was a beauty so sleeping beauty," Keith says smiling and I shift uncomfortably.

"She's still a beauty,"Lexis says.

"Is that why she found a beast?" Keith adds smirking.

"A beast she turned human, into a Prince," Lexis says playing along.

"Too bad I don't see any Prince here...well except me of course," Keith says and I chuckle.

"You do realize that sleeping beauty and beauty and the beast are two different stories right?" I say.

"They're all beauties your argument is invalid,"Keith says and I shake my head deciding to stay out of their conversation.

The conversation flows towards military life and I quietly listen.

We finally arrive at our destination.

"I'll be back," I say rushing out not wanting any of the two to escort me.

           As I step into the room I see Jess on her bed reading. I nearly dropped my phone in shock. What is this now that her job is done she returns to normal? I ignore her and walk to pack some things. We ignore each other throughout each doing their own thing. I get up and stand up walking out.

"Are you moving out?" She asks stopping me in my tracks. I turn and look at her.

"Yes," I say.

"Where are you going?" She asks. I didn't want to answer her and I didn't see why I should but I do.

"Lexis' " I say and turn to leave.

"You do realize that's hypocritical and unfair right?" She says stopping me once again.

"Pardon?" I say not believing the guts.

"Well Lexis was the one who was to sleep with you, he's the brain behind the bet yet you go live with him and act like it's all me," She says.

I take a deep breath.

"But he didn't, sleep with me. He knew when to realize his mistakes and take measures to reveal them, owning up to them. He apologized Jess, and gave me the chance to find out the truth. You? You played me all along and never once told me the truth, forget the truth you never apologized," I say now getting mad, shaking my head, I turn to leave.

"I'm sorry" She says once more making me pause.

"I'm sorry Hera, I was a horrible friend, roommate and human and I am truly sorry but if I had to choose I'd do it all over again," She says making me turn to glare at her.

"I needed Lexis, he helped me get scholarships to fund my schooling and he has been helping pay my sister's hospital bills," She says making my glare turn to curiosity.

"Your ... your sister is sick?" I ask

She nods and starts crying.

"I'm so sorry Hera I truly am but... Kathy's only savior was Lexis, she is unconscious has been for 3years, Lexis has been paying for her treatments and private care bill. Hera you have no idea how much it killed me each time I helped the bet get accomplished but I had to save my sister," She says in tears.

"What of your parents?" I ask wondering why they weren't the ones finding funds.

"They're dead," She says and starts bawling.

"Three years ago my first year here, they died in a car crash, Kath was in it. They all died except her. I had no funds. We were in debt as I found out after their death and the insurance was not good for anything. I was lost working overtime and loosing it about to become a prostitute for money when Lexis approached me. It felt heaven sent. A way to not sell myself and save my sister so I took it without thinking," She says in between tears.

"Only you saved yourself from selling your body but sold others bodies without their permission," I state.
I knew what desperation could do to you but...

"I won't judge you for needing to save your sister but you need to realize that your actions had consequences and will always have consequences you need to be responsible for. Saving your sister may have saved her but it killed others not physically but emotionally and you owe it to yourself, your sister and everyone you've hurt to truly apologize and never take this path again," I say.

"It's selfish, I know...seeing you everyday killed me and that's why I was never around. I'm sorry Hera and I know it may not be possible now but if you do ever forgive me and need my help I'll be there," She says tears all over her face.

     Someone wise once said, there is a path that seemeth right to men but the end thereof is death. Not only did it kill people emotionally it killed her because she never truly lived again. I let out a deep breath.

"I sincerely hope at least for all the lives you hurt for your sister that she comes out okay and I am still mad but your heart is too burdened with your own guilt, shame, fear and hurt for me to add my unforgiveness to it, I forgive you but I can't stay," I say turning to walk out of that chapter of my life.

     As I am taken down by the elevator I reflect on our memories together, it may have been a game but it was one that gave me good memories albeit the bad. I sigh as the doors to the elevator open to the next chapter of my life. I walk to the car and open the door to my next path and shut it as we drive off to the future and what it may hold for me.

***
Does anyone hate Jess a little less? Don't forget to vote :-)
The book is not over