cinq

a/n:
This chapter took a bit more time than anticipated, my apologies. Anyway, in every chapter please take note of the bits of information I drop in regards to Zac x Arden, this book is explaining that they too are a flawed couple. 

f r e n c h
k i s s e s

It was nearly eleven by the time I got home from Simone and Hermes' engagement party,  the taxi ride a full ten minutes of silence consisting of no music and short breaths. The first thing I did upon the arrival at my apartment was take off the heels I had been wearing for the past few hours and change into silk pajamas. Comfort and my best friend were the two things I desperately needed at a time like this.

I snuggled into bed and fifteen minutes passed, my phone ringing and flashing with a picture of a certain blond haired boy shortly after I had settled into bed. I accepted the video call, confused on as to why he was contacting me at such an early hour back at home. The time difference still unusual and causing for me to check the time on the clock once more to clarify.

"Zac?" I questioned, blackness showing from his end.

He moved his phone and showed his face, a large smile on it that showed almost all his teeth. He was laughing uncontrollably and staring past the camera to the right, I assumed that some movie was on the television.

"Zac?" I called out again, calling for his attention.

"Yes, Arden?" he questioned back, seemingly unaware that he was the one that called me.

I sighed. "You're the one that called me, Zac."

He laughed more as if I had said something hilarious and propped his phone on the coffee table phone stand in our apartment, we had moved in together after my first year of college. Zac was still wearing his work clothes, however, the clothes were a bit disheveled and he had three buttons to his shirt unbuttoned. He quickly unbuttoned his button up completely and flashed me with yet another wide smile.

"You like the view?" he asked, his words a bit slurred and not as clear as usual.

"Zac, have you been drinking?" I asked after a moment of silence, knowing the answer already and ignoring his question.

He picked up his phone again and walked into the bedroom, falling into the white sheets of our room, the bed clearly not having been made recently. I had worried that he wouldn't maintain the apartment while I was away.

"Kind of," he responded.

I ruffled my eyebrows, not satisfied at all with his short response.

"What do you mean by 'kind of,' Zac?" I inquired, my tone having a bit of an edge to it.

He shifted into the covers and turned on a bedside lamp, taking off his watch. Loud clanking and abrupt movements being picked up every second.

"I had a few drinks with the guys," he shrugged off as if it was nothing, as if downing a dozen drinks until reaching a state of being completely wasted was normal.

"Zac," I said, catching his attention and causing for him to stop moving for the first time since picking up the phone.

He looked at his phone directly, his eyes showing bits of red from being sleep derived mixed with drinking alcohol.

"I'm worried about you," I simply said.

"It was just a few drinks," he replied quickly, brushing it off.