Chapter 39

Brunch went very well, North had made a nice amount and variety of food and we went over the plans for the upcoming week, deciding that the following Sunday, we'd meet at Kota's house for Sunday dinner because Erica wanted to feed us, and also there was a "planning" meeting needed for the Florida trip. She did need to be let in on the plans and Kota said that she was still insisting on finding out what she would need to chip in.

Victor confided in me that he just intended on turning her money into gift cards for her and Jessica to use at the parks while we were there for food or souvenirs. I smiled and kissed his cheek. That sounded like an awesome idea to me and I told him that.

We watched a movie before Nathan, North and Luke had to leave for diner shifts. Someone had called in and Uncle could use a break from cooking today so they were going to handle it. Victor and Gabriel took off not long after that when Silas also left and Kota sat and talked with Owen for a while about a few team checkup things. I glanced at Sean, blushing and averting my eyes when he glanced at me.

"What?" He asked before getting up and moving next to me.

"It's been a while since we've actually been alone." I admitted, glancing at him.

"I guess it has." He agreed, glancing at Kota and Owen for a moment. "Does that make you nervous?"

I shook my head. "Maybe a little." I admitted. "But it's more because I just, well, I've missed you so the idea that it'll just be us for a few days is a bit ... much... to try and wrap my head around."

He leaned over and kissed my forehead. "Owen will be here in a heartbeat if you ask him too." He said. "If it's too much to just be with me." He said.

"Oh no, it's fine. Although I did sort of ask him to spend Tuesday night with us, if that's okay with you." I bit my lower lip, suddenly worried that Sean would be offended by it.

"It's fine Pookie." He said, smiling at me, reaching over to tuck a strand of hair back behind my ears. "Owen does often spend Tuesday nights with me anyway. It's a good time for us to check in with Kota and to talk about the family events. We started doing it last fall since we were so busy with school and we've just kept doing it all year." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me back into his arms as we lounged on the couch. "Any things you would like to do besides our clean my office and ogle babies on Tuesday?"

I looked up at him and studied him for a long moment. "I think... that we are going to surprise Owen on Tuesday night." He quirked an eyebrow at me. "I'm going to teach you to cook." I said, determination in my voice.

"I don't know that... that... is such a good idea." Sean said. "I've tried before."

"How?" he looked confused. "Did someone just tell you what to do or did you look it up online... how did you try to learn before?" I asked.

"Well, they just told me what to do and I tried to do it." He finally said.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Seriously? That's what they thought could pass for having you learn to cook and now they all just make fun of you for trying?"

"I don't think they make fun..." Sean said, but his tone of voice didn't sound that certain.

"Sean..." I said softly, reaching up and caressing his cheek. "We're going to fix this." I said. "By the end of the summer, you are going to be fixing us brunch." I smiled. "Or lunch, or maybe even a Sunday dinner."

His eyes widened. "Pookie, it's okay, I don't want to make anyone sick." He said. "I did take an oath. I'm a doctor."

I giggled and he tapped a finger on my lips. "I know, I know... giggle cure list." I teased him. "Do no harm, hmm?"