Chapter 43 - Bad News

(Shan's POV - Sat. 6 December 2014)

"I wonder if I shouldn't lock these cocks into chastity devices when I'm away..."

Alex and I startle at the unexpected sound of Mark's deep voice, splashing water all around us as we sit up in the bathtub. With the music blasting from the speakers, we didn't hear him arrive, but in any case, we weren't expecting him so early.

The second Wine & Cheese Bar opened on Monday as planned thanks to all the efforts Mark put in. The brasserie is located in the northern area of the Loop, amidst business buildings, and only operates on week days, but Mark convened all his employees for lunch today in order to debrief on this first week and celebrate the excellent results.

Alex and I thought he wouldn't return before 4pm and since my Pumpkin was feeling cold, I decided to run a bath for us, thinking it would be a nice change to laze in warm water rather than on the couch of the media room. What started out as an innocent cuddle quickly turned into a hot make-out session. First, I made Alex sit between my legs to massage his shoulders, but his moans of content quickly brought my little soldier to harden, which of course had to make him laugh as he got to feel my penis grow against the small of his back.

Soon enough, he turned around to straddle my thighs, our erections rubbing against one another, but then sensual caresses and wild kisses quickly turned us into moaning messes, and that's when Mark decided to show up.

The startle is more due to his unanticipated arrival than to fright, of course. Alex and I have completely gotten around the rule that says we're not allowed to come without our Master's permission, and honestly, it doesn't bother us at all. It's not like Mark doesn't fulfill all our needs for bliss on a daily basis. On the contrary, he's such a horn dog that there's scarcely a morning or an evening without an orgasm at stake, but even if we needed more, we would only have to call him and ask for his permission – like I almost did last week after I edged Alex a little too far.

"We haven't breached any rules, Master..." I reply mischievously, peeking at Alex who is biting his lower lip to fight a grin.

"It would be an unfair punishment, Master..." he adds in his shy voice.

Yet, I can hear the impish and playful undertone in his words, and I simply love it. I love how Alex has grown more and more confident around us over the past few weeks, and as much as he remains very timid, still blushing a lot, I swear this little minx is much naughtier than anyone would think.

"Who's talking about a punishment?" Mark huffs once he has switched off the music.

Thank goodness, I can also hear the playfulness in his voice, but I wouldn't expect any less. Ever since the fiasco on the eve of my birthday, Alex and I have been on our best behavior. Mark hasn't had to complain once about us in nearly two weeks, and although our last punishment wasn't the hardest, I believe it made us learn our lesson well.

The corner time, kneeling almost naked, was so humiliating! It reminded me of archaic punishments – less the naked part of course! – that kids endured in old times, but at the same time, I can't deny that it was efficient. I have known Mark for long enough now to read his expressions – at least I think so – and seeing the deep worry on his face when we got back home clearly hurt me to the core. I don't think I had realized how much he cares for us and I suddenly understood how he certainly worried when he didn't see us come back on time and couldn't reach us.

This is something we discussed with Liam last weekend while we were in the Subs' room and he helped us to understand it even better. He explained that Joshua is actually ten times worse than Mark and that beyond his extreme possessiveness, Joshua just doesn't deal well with the stress of not knowing where Lili is at all times. And what my friend told us is quite true: our men are busy guys with successful but stressful careers, so they like to avoid additional and unnecessary strain to their lives. Of course, it's their role – and their choice – to be Dominants, but it's also why they establish rules that we are to follow, and if these can ease their lives the slightest bit, then we should just abide by them.