Chapter 5

Lexus's POV

Now I know. At least I know that she's still a virgin.

The next day, she is walking in the garden. She picked the flowers forcefully and tore them apart.

"I will kill yah! Hmp!"

"Ms. Elizabeth, please fix yourself now." She turned around and faced me. She flipped her hair and raised one eyebrow.

She smirked at me. I just stared at her. "You know what, you are always a problem to me. Can you just stop following me?" She asks.

"Ms. Elizabeth, that's impossible," I said.

"Why not? You are ruining my life. Here in the mansion, in the car, in my classroom--" She stopped. I eyed her. In her classroom? She looked away and continued, "I mean in my bedroom. I feel exhausted. I want to be free. I want to have my own life." I heaved a long sigh.

"You only have 15 minutes left." I intentionally said that while checking my watch.

"O-kay!" She is irritated. She needs a friend but I'm not her friend, I'm just her bodyguard.

We went to her school quietly. As in NO TALKING! I don't know why she's acting like this. She is blaming me for how she has to be detained in the discipline office today. I did nothing.

Lazarina International School is an exclusive school for rich kids like her. It is known for its courses related to arts and design. Their technology is impressive. They have their football/soccer ground, track, swimming pool, alumni building, a garden paradise with boats and a fish pond, tennis courts, a learning center where they have homeroom time, a baseball field, pavilion, gym, theater, dance studio, and more.

What's also unique is that they even have a mall located beside their main campus.

This is ten times bigger than Elizabeth's mansion. Students use fancy and expensive cars with their guards tailing them.

There is an inspection of the car before we can enter the main campus. After that, I turned left then right and moved in a circle where the tall pine trees stood together. There is also a limited speed limit which makes us move slowly.

I stopped in front of the main entrance and got out of the car to open Elizabeth's door. I held her things, and she exited the car. I accompanied her until we reached the checking area. I extended my arms so she could take her stuff, but she didn't.

She glanced at the items I was holding and then said, "You are coming with me."

"What?" I asked.

"What do you mean, 'what'? My previous personal assistant used to do that," she replied, raising an eyebrow and smirking. 

I rolled my eyes and handed her the items.

"Your attitude needs some work," she said irritably. 

I didn't respond and simply turned away to avoid further confrontation.

It's your attitude that needs work, I thought to myself.

I got back into the car and drove at the designated speed limit, which felt painfully slow, but I needed to be patient.

I parked the car in the last row of the parking lot.

Getting out of the car, I couldn't help but feel tested. The thought of walking for several meters just to follow her orders and become her personal assistant was frustrating.

Fortunately, the weather wasn't too bad, as this journey was bound to take a while.

After what felt like an eternity, I finally reached the main entrance. "You're really slow! Look, I'll be late now!" She raised her voice. I wanted to shout back, but I calmed myself.

She handed me her stuff, pushing it forcefully into my hands, and I held it carefully.

When we entered, I looked around, wondering why people were staring at me. My eyes roamed from the first floor to the second and then to the third. It was an amazing place, and it had been my dream since I was a kid to attend a regular school and be with ordinary people. But my parents had failed to provide me with that opportunity.

I lowered my head in disappointment.

"HEY! Move faster!" I almost jumped at the sound of her voice. She yelled at me again.

I hurried towards her, but five girls blocked our path, and they were all glaring at me.

"New boyfriend?" one of the girls pushed her sunglasses up onto her head.

"No," Elizabeth replied.

The first girl who initiated the conversation caught my attention. Her brown, curly hair framed her beautiful green eyes perfectly. She was wearing a silk blouse with a ribbon, paired with black jeans and long leather boots. Her face was incredibly cute.

Beside her stood another girl who looked quite elegant, and I had a feeling she could be a potential rival for Elizabeth in the future. She had heavy makeup on, but her sense of fashion was undeniable. She wore numerous accessories that adorned her like Christmas decorations.

"Fiancé?" the elegant girl interjected.

"Never!" Elizabeth replied, irritation clear in her voice. She glared at me intensely, as if she could kill me with her eyes.

"Then what?!" the five girls pressed on.

What did they have to do with me? Why were they meddling in my life? In my opinion, they didn't seem like good friends for Elizabeth.

I discreetly shook my head.

"Remember yesterday? My bodyguard," she stated briefly.

"BODYGUARD?!" Once again, they exclaimed loudly.

One of the girls halted and extended her hand toward me. "Hi!" She smiled at me, but I ignored her.

"I'm Lovely." Did I appear clearly irritated this time? I didn't want to engage with them or be interviewed.

In my mind, I rolled my eyes. Now, she appeared even more artificial than her friends. Her behavior was strange, and it wasn't the Elizabeth I knew.

"You can go now," Elizabeth told me.

But, of course, I didn't want to leave just yet. I still escorted her to her room. Her classmates couldn't stop staring at me; they looked like they had seen a ghost.

As I left the school, I noticed some familiar faces – the boys I encountered when I first met Elizabeth, the ones I had a confrontation with that night.

They all recognized me.

The battle had begun.