Chapter V

Edited

"Catch it!" Noah shouts.

Our school's varsity football team is already practicing for the upcoming competition next week. Anderson High will be competing against the Western Valley High. It's Wednesday morning today, Amelia decided that she and I should eat here, outside the field so she could get a glimpse of Noah.

"It's so hot out here. Let's just go back inside, so we could also hear the bell ring," I told Amelia as I continue biting onto my sandwich that my mom made me. Ham and Cheese is a really great combination. Amelia cheers on Noah and giggles, which in my opinion, it makes me cringe by the sound of it.

"Because I want to watch Noah and his friends' practice," Her excuse. She giggled once more when Noah glanced and smiled in our direction. Amelia starts slapping my arm as I wince in pain, making me rub my arm. "Oh. My. Gosh!"

Amelia says as she wiggles my arm that she slapped a few seconds ago. I looked at Amelia as I gave her a questioning look, "He's smiling again!"

"He is not even smiling directly at you! Who knows? Maybe he is smiling at the both of us?" I said as I rolled my eyes and made my point to shut her mouth but instead, it made her talk more. "It still counts!"

She objects. Amelia faced the football field once again and started cheering for Noah over and over again. I can really see that Amelia has a massive crush on Noah since it is pretty obvious that her affection has gone to the next level.

I stood up from the bench and started packing my stuff. Amelia looks at me, giving me a questioning look, "What are you doing?" She asks. I spare her a look for a few seconds and continue packing up my stuff and my lunch tray.

"I am going back inside. I don't want to be late for class, you can stay here as long as you like and admire Noah for as long as you like but I am not going to risk my grades just to sit here with you all day and admire your crush with you."

"Oh, hey!" I hear a familiar voice say. I turn my heels around and saw Logan from a distance as he jogs his way towards me and Amelia. He stops in his tracks, bent down as he tries to gather some air for him to inhale. He looks back up at me and smiles, "What are you guys doing here?"

"We just ate our snacks and I went here together with Amelia to watch Noah practice—Ow!" I yelped when Amelia stepped on my foot and gave me a don't-you-dare-utter-a-single-word look as I gulp down the lump that was stuck in my throat. "What I meant to say was, Amelia and I went here to watch Noah and you guys practice for your upcoming game next week."

"Oh. If I were you, I'd head back inside the school because it is so hot out here and our coach might report you for skipping classes," I nodded my head without uttering any word at all.

"Well, we best be going then!" Amelia says as she grabs me by my wrist and starts dragging me away from the bench and the football field. Amelia and I stopped at our tracks as she turns her head back at Logan and says, "Say 'hi' to Noah for me,"

Amelia giggles again, making me want to slap her and put a duct tape on her mouth. "You're crazy!" I told her.

"Crazy in love with my Noah."

I rolled my eyes at her response. Once we are about to walk away from our spot earlier, seeing the football field at this spot makes it greener and clearer. I took one last glance at the football field and caught Noah's attention. He waved us a goodbye and I smiled at him, "What is it?" Amelia asks.

"Nothing."

"Cayden, catch!" A football player said, taking Cayden's attention. When I heard his name, my head turned and we suddenly locked our eyes at each other. I feel like he can see something beyond my eyes that I can't see in his.