08

Kiko sat infront of Mako at the booth he was seated at. "I never asked how you've been liking it here."

"It's okay." Kiko nodded. "How's you and Bolin's situation with Toshi?"

"We're slowly getting the money." Mako shrugged. Kiko gave him a concerned look and Mako softly laughed. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I don't know." Kiko shrugged. "I'm just- I don't- maybe I'm just worried."

"We're fine."

Kiko nodded.

"Hi, I'm Miyu, I'll be your server for the day." She handed Kiko and Mako their menus. Once Miyu spotted Kiko, she smiled. "Oh, hey Sakiko."

"Hey Miyu." Miyu's eyes landed on Mako and smirked at Kiko. "That's the guy you were talking about?"

"Miyu?!" Kiko's eyes widened and Miyu giggled. "I'll be back to take your order."

Kiko bit her lip and she faced Mako. Mako smirked and cocked an eyebrow. "She's uh, she's just joking."

"Yeah?" Mako asked. "Then why are you pink?"

"What?! Mako, I am not. It's just pretty hot in here, that's all." Kiko shrugged, then fanned herself with her menu. Mako laughed. "You're too cute."

Kiko covered her eyes with her hands in embarrassment.

Miyu walked back to the booth with her notepad and pen in her hands. "Lets start you guys off with some drinks."

"I'll have a mango smoothie." Mako said. "And I'll have a strawberry banana smoothie." Kiko said, her eyes still covered. "Miyu?" Mako said.

"Mhm?"

"What exactly did Sakiko say about me?"

"Well, she said that you were awfully handsome, and the way you looked in your uniform was even better. She also has-"

"Miyu, I'm getting thirsty." Kiko interrupted and Miyu smirked. "Be right back with your drinks."

Once she left, Kiko uncovered her eyes. "Why would you do that?"

"What? You can't stay mad at me. I'm awfully handsome." Mako smirked. "Oh shutup."

Mako laughed.

"Miyu's the closest one here to me so far." Kiko shrugged. "I told her that... I didn't think she'd tell you."

"Only because I asked."

Kiko jokingly groaned and Mako continued to laugh.

The rest of the dinner date was going good for the both of them. Mako would smile every time Kiko would, and Kiko would notice this and her cheeks grew warm everytime he smiled with his pearly teeth.

They finished their meal about an hour and half ago, but they stayed and talked, not minding the time that was passing them by.

An hour before the restaurant was going to close, Bolin came in hoping to find Kiko since he hadn't seen her all day.

Once he entered, he heard Kiko laugh and spotted her and his brother having a good conversation.