Chapter 13: Sweet Apologies

Alexander Clarke

 “What’s with that face?" said Carly, handing me a cool glass of iced tea.

“I messed up.” I told her letting out a long exasperated sigh as I swung on the hammock. I remember how dad and I made this bunk  when I was ten. I sat up properly before taking a sip and making a face. “You made this?”

“Yeah, what’s it to ya?” I raised a brow at her and she simply shrugged. “What? We ran out of sugar. You can’t complain now scooch your fat butt over,” she said, making her way next to me. I complied. I’ll have to admit, two people on a hammock isn’t all that comfortable. Especially when the weights are uneven.

“So what’s eating you?” I let out a chuckle at her statement just because a nasty thought popped into my head. “No one at the moment.” Her jaw dropped before pinching my thigh. I yelped in pain.

“Seriously.” She said, tucking a stray lock behind her ear. I took another drink.

“Nothing.”

“You're such a bad liar," she said then paused. "Was it that girl from yesterday? Brown hair and pretty blue eyes.” I was silent, not replying. “She doesn’t look like the previous girls.” Of course she doesn’t because she is nothing like them.  “Do you like like her?” The question grabbed my attention.

“No, I don’t. At least not in the way you are insinuating.” I declared.

“Then why are you bothered if you messed up with her? You could bang a chick and not remember her name afterwards and not have shame, I mean that’s pretty messed up.” She stated, bluntly taking sip of her own drink. I scoffed.

“Why are you staying home anyways? Aren’t you supposed to be planning your next troublesome antic?” I asked her, quirking my eyebrow whilst playing with the empty glass in my hand.

“I’m grounded,” she said. I was happy I was able to stray us from that topic.

“And that hasn’t stopped you before now has it?” I replied.

“Mom just seemed so upset yesterday.”   

“It’s okay, Henry’ll be there for her and we will too.” I rubbed her head playfully and she slapped it away like she always does. Her lips spread into a playful smile. “I kinda want to go to the beach today,” said Carly. “But it seems like you have to settle things with this girl. So maybe next time, kay?”

“No and I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I said coolly.

“Pull your head out of your ass Alex and fix what you did because that face you have on is way too depressing to be around.” She stuck her tongue out at me, taking my empty glass from my hand and heading back inside.

My little sister just gave me some advice and weirdly enough, I think she may have a point. I stood up and made my way inside. Carly was laid back comfortably on the couch, watching a rerun of Suits.

“I’ll be out for a while,” I told her and she made sure that I didn’t miss that fulfilled smirk on her face. I grabbed my keys and jumped on my bike. I didn’t know what I was going to do but I guess the main idea is that I should apologize.

_

Rori Everhart

“Clemence, how do you make this taste so good?” I asked as I stuffed my face with another piece of her delectable coconut cream pie. “I don’t know what I’d do without you.” I managed to say with a full mouth.

She tutted me. “Remember your manners Rori, your parents taught you better than to talk with your mouth full.” I took a long swallow before answering. “My parents didn’t teach me that, you and Miles did.” She shook her head lightly with a warm smile plastered on her face.

“Miss, Alex is here to see you.” Miles said from the archway. I nearly spluttered all the contents of the food in my mouth onto the counter. “What?” I managed to choke.

“He’s in the living room waiting for you.” He added. I jumped off the stool, breezing past Miles. Why was he here? It was a Sunday; he didn’t have work during Sundays. I looked at him in his leather jacket with his rugged brown hair, staring at the naked statue of a woman at his side. I guess staying mad at him doesn’t make him look any ugly.

“You seem to be very interested in that,” I said, nudging my head at the direction of the stone woman. The corners of his mouth lifted into his signature, panty dropping smirk. “I was simply appreciating the art. Don’t need to be jealous Rori. It has nothing on the real thing,” he said with waves of obnoxiously radiating from him.

“Why are you here?” I crossed my arms. I was still mad but not as furious as I was yesterday. I guess partly because he let me into his private life a little bit but the fact that he was still a major ass yesterday was still printed in my head.

“I just wanted to apologize.” His warm grey eyes looked genuine but how would I know? He’s a smooth talker and a liar. It’s hard to tell whether or not anything is true when it comes out from his mouth.

“For what? For indirectly calling me ugly or for kissing me senseless and not meaning it?” I asked, cocking my eyebrow up. “Although, the second one is less likely because you’re Alexander Clarke, the hottest senior in school who loves to ‘hump and dump’,” I made sure to make air quotes for emphasis, “and break hearts.” I added. His features twisted uncomfortably. It seems that he doesn’t like it when people pointed out those facts.

“I’m sorry for everything. I didn’t mean to. That back at the party was guy talk, that’s how we’ve always been and I didn’t kiss you and not mean it. Kissing you was nice, hell you’re probably one of the best I’ve had, but I didn’t not mean it like you say I did,” he admitted and I didn’t know if I was imagining it but his cheeks was tinted pink.

I felt my muscles betray my brain when my lips curled up into a simper. “I forgive you but I am never going a party with you,” Another smirk crawled up his lips. “So how about the second thing, do you still mind doing that with me?”

“No, I don’t so you can keep dreaming because these lips are not going to be touching those any time soon.” I told him. Wait, did I just suggest that I won’t be kissing him now but there’s still a window where I would be still willing to in the future? Oh Christ, I should really think my words through.

“Babe, I dream about kissing all the time.” He said, loud and proud.

“As often as you change your sheets I suppose.” I retorted. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ll be getting back to my pie in the kitchen. You can join me if you want or you can just leave, more for me so I win both ways.” I told him before padding back into the kitchen and plopping myself on the stool and as soon as I sat myself down and picked up my fork, he came in long strides, settling beside me.

I guess it all turned out well.

__________________________________________________

Well, this was kinda a filler chapter. I just killed the fire. I just don’t like seeing Rolex or whatever the ship name of those two are. I hope you enjoyed it although it was short and rushed but this was what my long term writer’s block produced and I apologize for the super long wait, I should really stop doing that.

Anyways, like always if you like or even love this chapter, please make sure to vote and I’d love to hear your thoughts about this chapter so make sure to comment below! :) I love you guys and thank you for the support you have shown, it means a lot.

- Megan