Chapter Thirty-Eight

"You would have to kill me, kill me, kill me..."

I roll onto my side with a groan, staring at the light filtering in through the closed blinds. I'm wrapped up in a comfortable duvet, fluffy pillows holding up my head and my hair spilling out around me. Those words have been turning around in my mind all night, and I consider myself lucky if I've even gotten an hour of sleep. Light snores resonate from below. I slowly perch over the side of the bed and hold in the giggle at the sight of a sleeping Asher on a mattress, his mouth open and hair unruly. I roll back onto my back, staring up at the ceiling.

I would have to kill Mrs. Lee to break our connection?

Now why the hell would she do that to me without my permission is what I'd like to know.

Could I even do it? Actually kill her? If it ever came to that?

I grip my head with my hands and groan loudly. When I open my eyes again I jump back with a scream.

"ASHER FOR F*CK SAKE!" I place a hand over my chest as my heart beats wildly, while Asher just looks at me, casually leaning over me with elbows holding him up on either sides of my head and that smug smirk on his face.

"Scared?" His face dips lower down to meet my lips and I run my fingers through his strands of hair, letting myself just forget everything for the moment but him. "I'll take that as a no-" he mumbles against my lips, and I crash against him harder, forcing his words back in.

A loud knock sounds behind the door but we ignore it, tangled sheets meddling around our bodies in a heated make-out session.

What a wake-up call.

"OH MY GOD!" 

We spring apart and I peer over Asher's rock-still shoulder to find Jack staring at us with wide eyes. Soon that expression morphs into a mischievous grin. Without warning, he suddenly goes running around the room and down the hall, screaming at the top of his lungs.

"CODE RED! THE WILLY IS FREE! I REPEAT: THE WILLY IS FREE!"

The door slams behind him and we just stare at the place he once was, mouths agape.

"What-

-the fuck." Asher fills in for me, running a hand through his hair. When he turns to look at me he's got a slight pinkish tone to his cheeks.

I cock an eyebrow and cross my arms, the sheets forming a white cloud around us. "What did he mean about a willy being free?"

Silence.

An absolutely dead silence.

"ASHER!" I yell in outrage and reach for him with extended nails.  He jumps out of the bed with hands up in surrender. But because of that, the sheets of course decide to fall to the floor.

"ASHER!" I roar again. "WHY THE HELL ARE YOU NAKED!?"

"IT FEELS MORE FREE!" He yells back in exasperation, and I'm sure that our voices can be heard all around the forest outside. I let out another yell and he backs away as I struggle against the sheets to get out of bed. Without warning I lunge at him but he takes a step forward so that I crash right into his hard and sculpted body. His warm arms encircle my waist and pin me firmly to his body as I struggle against him. After a while my hits become weaker and I let out a sigh, resting my forehead against his chest. 

"Remind what I'm trying to kill you for again?" He lets out a chuckle and ruffles my hair. I slap his hand away and he sets me carefully down on the bed, keeping my hands in his. 

"Get ready." He murmurs slowly, pecking me gently on the cheek.

-Says the naked guy." I mumble, and he chuckles again, a rich and velvety sound crashing over me like waves.