FORTY-EIGHT (EDITED)

Harry turns on the radio as we drive along, and launches into a speech on how music these days is all based around sex. I watch him as he talks animatedly, sometimes removing both his hands from the wheel to make a point. At those times I quickly remind him to have two hands on the steering wheel and he laughs before complying.

"Where are we even going?" I ask him.

"You'll recognize it," He says, a sly smile forming on his lips.

"You're not taking me to play poker again, right?"

"No, don't worry. You won't have to face losing at poker to me."

"I would not lose."

"Rosie, Rosie. I don't think you know who you're talking to."

I narrow my eyes at him and he smirks, raising his eyebrows at me.

When he finally parks the car, I furrow my brow in confusion. "Are we at...Crystal?"

"Yep," Harry says, getting out of the car.

"Why?" I ask. "Of all the places to kill me, you think Crystal is the best?"

Harry laughs and locks his car. "Absolutely."

I follow Harry through the lobby and into the elevator. I eye him carefully as he pushes the button for fifteenth floor. He notices me watching him and smirks.

"I'm not going to push all the buttons," He says, leaning back against the wall of the elevator as it begins to ascend. "Being stuck with you in a small, compact space once is enough for me."

I scoff. "You're one to talk."

We both smirk at each other as the elevator finally stops, dinging open. We step out and I look at Harry confusedly when he begins climbing the stairs to the roof.

"Why are we going to the roof?" I ask.

"Because there's something I want to show you," He answers.

I furrow my brow but follow him anyway. The cool air greets us as we arrive on the roof. The city is lit up around us, the sound of honking horns and bustling people hanging in the air.

"Wow," I breathe. "This is beautiful."

"It is, isn't it." Harry sticks his hands in his pockets, sighing.

I watch Harry as he walks away from me, making his way toward the middle of the roof. I tentatively follow, wondering what he's up to.

As we walk closer, I notice in the middle of the roof area is the large skylight window that looks straight down to the lobby. All of the floors are built around this area, so you can see all fifteen stories from it.

I watch in disbelief as Harry steps right onto the glass, turning around and facing me.

"Are you insane?" I ask him.

"Maybe," He grins. "Come on."

I shake my head. "No way."

"Come on, Rosie. It won't break. This glass is fourteen inches thick, at least."

"I don't care." I cross my arms over my chest.

"Rose." Harry walks to the edge of the glass, where I stand. He extends his hand to me, smirking. "Don't be afraid."

"I'm not afraid."

"Prove it."

I sigh. "If it breaks, I blame you."

"Fair enough."

I tentatively reach out and take his hand, stepping onto the slick glass. Below me is fifteen stories, and my stomach does flips. I grip Harry's hand tightly, and he smirks.