Chapter 18 || Year 3

Hermione's POV-

I stared at the shrieking shack in awe, Ron standing beside me, listening to me whilst I droned on about the ancient, haunted building.

"Are you two shopping for your dream home? Isn't it a bit grand for you Weasley?" I heard the familiar voice of a particular slytherin.

"Shut up Malfoy." Ron growled, spinning around.

"Oh, not so friendly are we?" Draco smirked, ignoring me whilst he focused on insulting Ron. "Boys, I think it's time we teach Weasel here, how to respect his superiors."

I hated it when Draco insulted one of my best friends, so I decided to speak up.

"I hope you don't mean yourself." I smirked.

He turned his grey eyes on me, not saying anything for a good two seconds.

"How dare you talk to me, filthy little mudblood." He spat.

"Is that seriously the best you can come up with?" I asked rhetorically, rolling my eyes, not once letting my brave facade fall, making him think what he says doesn't hurt, when in reality, it kills.

He narrowed his eyes at me and was about to say something else when a snowball hit the back of his head, sending snow flying at multiple different directions.

"Who's there?" He yelled out into the air, jumping back next to me.

He clutched onto my arm and continued to hold it as seconds passed, but I flicked him off, still angry and upset by his previous words.

Another snowball flew from the sky, this time landing on his bare nose. He let out a small scream and began to run away when he tripped over nothing, causing him to fall head first into the soft, cold snow.

Both Crabbe and Goyle tried to run away, but both of them faced invisible obstacles of their own.

After an amusing 10 minutes of laughing and watching the three slytherin's struggle to run away with all their clothing still on their body and their feet flat on the ground, Draco finally ran off, with Goyle following right behind him. Crabbe on the other hand was still trying to pull his pants back up, but gave up and ran away when he realised he was the only one left.

I didn't even realise I had tears from laughter running down my cheek as a stitch began to form in my stomach from lack of oxygen.

The invisible source came up behind both Ron and I and began to pull our hair and beanies, but I wasn't scared because I knew exactly who it was.

"Harry." I laughed.

I began to tell him how good he was for doing that, not even bothering to scold him for doing it to Draco, because Malfoy got exactly what he deserved.