#14

Newt's POV:
It's the night of the bonfire and I was on greenie duty. The new greenie's name was Thomas, and he seemed different, but he was like most newbies when they first come to the glade.

"Over there we have the slicers," I point them out to Thomas as we walk around the fire, "those are the builders, they don't have a lot going on up here." I tap my temple and smirk.

"Who's that guy?" Thomas nods to Gally.

"That's uh Gally, why'd ya ask?"

"I don't think he likes me. Ever since I've been here he's just had this look of anger and hatred towards me."

"That's just Gally being Gally." A voice behind me says. I turn and smile when I see Y/N.

"And this here," I put an arm around her shoulders, "is Y/N. She is the most amazing person you'll ever meet, and probably the only girl, you'll ever meet here." She giggles and I resist the urge to kiss her lips.

"Only girl?" Thomas asks shocked.

Y/N nods. "Lucky I came here too, because things were looking pretty bad before I got here and put them all in line."

"You sure bloody didn't."

"I sure bloody did." She mocks.

"Are you guys dating?" Thomas says out of the blue. I wish.

"Yes" "No" We both say at the same time. Y/N looks at me, eyebrows furrowed. She looks back to a confused Thomas and shakes her head.

"No." Meanwhile I was putting a thumbs up and nodding, causing Thomas to get even more puzzles.

"Uh, ok then." Thomas smiles and I show him over to Alby, and they start to talk.

I leave and search for Y/N. I find her sitting on pile of crates, looking up at the walls.

I make my way over, and stand in between her legs, wrapping my arms around her waist. I stare at her complexion. Beautiful. Her e/c eyes reflecting the twilight night, hair falling in perfect waves, lips plump with colour, and skin that looks silky smooth to touch.

"I know you're staring." She giggles.

"I know you know that I know that you know that I'm staring." I grin. Her head tilts down to look at me with her famous, 'what the even heck did you just say' look.

"Why?"

I shrug. "Cause I love to annoy you." True.

"Yeah I got that a long time ago." She laughs, making me laugh too.

We stare at each other for a while.

"This sucks." I say.

"What sucks?" She asks.

"Minho." I look over to the keeper of the runners, who is now chatting to Tommy, and sigh.

"Why? What'd he do?" She chuckles.

"He won't let me be with you." I look down. Minho is Y/N's older brother, and like most brothers, he's very protective over Y/N.

"I know. But that's what brothers do."

There's a silence.

"Hey." Y/N's hands cup my face and bring it up to look at her. She smiles. "He'll come around eventually."

"And if not?"

"Then ignore him." She shrugs.

"You're already pro at that." A deep voice says from behind. Y/N looks up to it and rolls her eyes.

"Hey Minho." I say turning around. Y/N drapes her arms over my shoulders and places her chin on my head.

Minho slowly makes his way closer to us, every step making me nervous.

"So I've been thinking," he starts. He glances at us both then looks back down, "what if my sister had a boyfriend? What if my friend had a girlfriend?" He shrugs. He looks me in the eye. "What would I do if they were together?"

"Ok Minho we get it. What do you wa-"

"I want to speak to Newt." He says cutting Y/N off. I feel her arms tighten a little.

"Ok." I answer. I tilt my head up to Y/N and tell her it's fine. She releases me and I walk with Minho. I hear her jump off the crates and move to the crowd of gladers.

"Don't kill him." I hear Y/N shout.

We walk toward the deadheads and reach the first tree. We find a log and sit down.

"She really loves you ya know." Minho speaks after a moment of silence. I turn and look at him. His eyes were on Y/N, watching as she laughed and talked with all the gladers.

I smile. She loves me.

"And I know you're head over heels for her." I swallow. I didn't know if he was mad because his tone was confusing. "I can see it."

He pauses. The only sound from the group.

"You know I actually tried to ban her from seeing you?" He chuckles.

"Yeah," I nod, "she told me after 2 days." I laugh

"Those 2 days were the worst." He states. I furrow my brows in a confused matter. He turns and notices. "You two weren't the only ones that suffered. She was miserable and took it out on me. I had never seen her so sad." I watch as his face drops.

"Sorry." I whisper.

"Don't be. It was my fault." He sighed, "That's why I'm talking to you." He puts a hand on my shoulder and turns so we're facing. "I know that you two love each other and I can't deny your relationship anymore. So I guess, you can become a thing."

"Really?" I say with excitement. Minho had to slightly hold me down.

"Yeah. But no PDA in public, or anywhere cause that's gross." He said with disgust, "Oh and if you're ever a shuck-face slinthead to Y/N, expect that I'll beat you to a pile of klunk." He grinned, making me nervous.

"Thanks Minho." I say smiling.

We stand and make our way toward the group.

--------------------------------------------

There may be a part 2 but I dunno aye... And leave some suggestions of what you wanna see if you want a part 2 ... Did that make sense?

Love ya

~R