~Sonadow~ Fireflies

Story idea by: sonic-4802

Sonic and Shadow sped through a field, both determined to pass one another. The duo were neck to neck in this race. The sun was beginning to set as Shadow managed to take the lead. Sonic grunted as he poured all his energy into speeding past his counterpart. They both reached the finish line (a tree) at the same time. "Another tie?!" Sonic whined, panting hard. Shadow groaned. "Screw it. I'm going home." Shadow said, pulling his red emerald out. "Shadow, wait!" Sonic nearly yelled, catching the other male's attention. "What do you want, Faker?" Shadow grumbled. "I, uh, wanted to tell you something." Sonic said, one of his ears flopping over in a cute way as a pink blush appeared on his peach cheeks. "What is it?" Shadow asked. Just then, the area was illuminated by thousands upon thousands of fireflies. Sonic took a deep breath in. This was the time. "I wanted to say, that I, care for you, a lot..." He began, but trailed off. "Yes, go on." Shadow ushered. His tan cheeks were barely tinted pink as Sonic spoke. "And I, wanted to say that I...um..." Sonic started. Shadow was silent, listening. Sonic blushed wildly. "I wanted to say I love you!" The blue male shouted. Shadow's face lit up. "Y-you wha?!" He shouted back. "I love you!" Sonic said again. Tears began to well up in the corners of his eyes, for he thought Shadow hated him now. "Sonic..." Shadow began. "I understand if you hate me now..." Sonic said, his tears falling down his cheeks. "I don't hate you." Shadow responded. Sonic looked up at him. "I love you too." Shadow finished, wiping Sonic's tears. Sonic hugs Shadow tightly, nuzzling close to him. Shadow hugs him back. "You're warm." Sonic said with a yawn. Shadow blushed. "Thanks." Sonic nuzzles closer, falling asleep. Shadow smiles, laying down in the grass. He watched the fireflies flutter and blink about before falling asleep minutes later. The new couple, cuddled close together under the tree, slept peacefully together all night long.

~The End~