The Love Potion

Audrey, Ben, and Finn walked out of their class and into the outdoor hallway. Down in the quad below about a dozen girls were giggling and playing with the hair; hair that seemed oddly new.
Marissa and Mal came out not to long after them. Marissa followed along the lockers and over towards Mal's. As they walked the girls down below called out: "Hi Mal! Love my hair Mal!" Mal seemed a bit flattered with the attention and waved back, a mischievous flair radiating off her.
       Marissa knew it was because of the plan. This was one of the biggest things that the Descendants had ever tried to pull off. They had pulled tons of schemes and pranks back on the Isle, but this one was different. Whatever happened would determine their future forever. No pressure there, Marissa thought to herself.
       Mal stopped at her locker and opened it, Marissa stopped right behind her. Jay joined them by the lockers and leaned back on the one closest to the door. "Are you feeling kind of weird about this?" he asked. "I mean, it's not so bad here, you know?"
       Marissa raised an eyebrow, looking at Jay like he had just spoken riddlish. "Are you insane?"
       "Long Live Evil!" Mal proclaimed in a hushed voice, throwing her fist up only so high that it wouldn't draw attention. "Your mean, your awful, your bad news," Mal listed the things that the Descendants defined themselves as on her fingers. "Snap out of it!" she snapped her fingers in front of his face.
        Jay nodded slowly, processing what Mal had just told him. After mere seconds his signature mischievous glint returned to his eye. "Thanks, girls. I needed that." Jay left with a dignified nod and walked over to the glass railing above the quad. "Well hello," he said, causing the girls to giggle and squeal. Some even pushed themselves in front of the others to get to him.
        Marissa couldn't help but roll her eyes at the flirtatious thief. His biggest concerns in life only seemed to be stealing and girls. Of course, Marissa knew it went deeper. Any Villain Descendant's biggest concern was appeasing their parent. That was their biggest goal in life. And Jay was no exception.
       "The name's Jay," he introduced himself. "You all going to the tourney game tonight?"
       "Yeah!" all the giggly girls replied.
      "Look out for number eight, all right? Scoring the winning goal." He sent them a wink.
      "Okay!" the girls answered, a bit to quickly Marissa thought.
       She laughed a bit to herself. "They're crazy, huh Mal?" she asked, but Mal didn't respond. She was spying past her locker looking over at Audrey, Ben, and Finn. Marissa's laughter quickly faded as she positioned herself, trying to listen to the last of the conversation.
       "Listen, Audrey--" Ben began, but Audrey stopped him before he could say anything else.
       "I will see you at the game after my dress fitting for the coronation, okay?"
       "Okay," Ben said.
      "Bye, Bennyboo," Audrey said. She gave him a quick air kiss on the side of the cheek, before walking off.
       "Bye," Ben said, less enthusiastically then Audrey had. Finn put a comforting hand on his friend's shoulder. It looked like he was about to say something, but Mal shut her locker with a loud thud, cutting him off when she said, "Hey, Bennyboo!" Both Finn and Ben turned around to find Mal was the one who had spoken.
       "Hey," Ben greeted, his mood suddenly a bit uplifted. Marissa knew she had to let Mal take it from here, so she walked over to the glass railing and leaned back to enjoy the show. Of course it wasn't very enjoyable for long, as Finn had also left the two of them to talk.
       "And how are you on this lovely day?" Marissa heard a voice ask. She turned her head slightly only to find Finn leaning back against the railing, looking at her.
        "Actually it's going pretty well," Marissa replied. She turned her head towards him with a look of disgust on her face. "That is, it was until you showed up."
         Finn forced a chuckle as he watched the ground. His head slowly came back up and he looked at Marissa in the eye. "You know, I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that," he said. Marissa laughed slightly at his ignorance, but she quickly stopped herself short, hoping Finn hadn't noticed. But of course, he had. A small smile crept onto his face, pleased that he had actually gotten a noise other then a growl to come out of the daughter of Mother Gothel. "You and your friends coming to the tourney game?" he asked.
        Marissa hesitated a moment, before she shifted her gaze towards Ben and Mal; seeing that he had just taken a bite out of the cookie she looked back at Finn and nodded. "Yeah," she replied.   "We'll be there." Slowly, she caught on to what Finn was doing. "But don't think I'm going to see you," she pointed an accusing finger at him.
        Finn smirked, "Wouldn't dream of it, Gothel." He sent her a quick wink before standing up straight, and leaving the courtyard, back into the school. Marissa breathed a sigh of relief once he was gone. Now that he was gone she could focus on what was really important. The plan.
        She averted her thoughts from Finn and addressed that Ben had just taken the love potion. She lurked up closer to him with Carlos and Evie until all five Descendants were surrounding Ben.   "How ya' feeling, bro?" Jay asked, placing his hands over Ben's shoulders, encase he tried to run.
       "I feel..." the Descendants leaned forward, eager to hear his response, now under the love potions control. "I feel... I feel like singing your name!" Ben shouted. "MALLLLL!" He sang, but Mal quickly covered his mouth with her hand. "Mal!" He sang again, though this time it was much harder to hear with Mal's hand muffling his voice.
       "Isn't this going to be a fun time," Marissa muttered sarcastically.