Chapter 14

"The villains were always ugly in books and movies. Necessarily so, it seemed. Because if they were attractive—if their looks matched their charm and their cunning—they wouldn't only be dangerous. They would be irresistible." ~Nenia Campbell

Dedicated to my actual favourite reader and follower, CimerianSparrow. The constant love and support you have for me speaks more volumes than you could ever possibly imagine. I love you so much! <3. BTW, don't tell the others you're my favorite. I'm not supposed to have them. Shhh! JK, I love all of you more than you could ever know. I'm here because of you!

Siena

I pressed the ice pack on my head once more as Dylan leaves the room. As soon as he's out of the hallway, I dropped the ice pack and bury my head in my hands. I am humiliated. 

Come on. I was Black Hawk. I was smart. I was supposed to be better than this. I should have avoided the projectile. I've taken worse injuries before. And not to mention the fact Warrior had to see me that way.

It's a good thing I was leaving town, because faster this is over, I don't think I can face him again. Especially not as my nemesis.

I groaned and flopped back on my own bed, wallowing in my emotions. I hate life. Why can't I sit in my room 24/7 and binge Netflix?

I fell asleep, not even bothering to draw the covers over my body.

In the morning, I got up, my throat on fire, and my head pounding like I have a hangover.

Even though I feel like crap, I'm excited for any opportunity when I get out of school.

"Hey S, are you ok?" Dylan poked his head in. I glared at him with my red-rimmed eyes and stuffy nose. "Oh, ok. Obviously not ok."

"I'll tell everyone you're home sick today, alright?" He added, looking at me with a cautious look on his face. "Are you feeling horrible?

"Dylan." I mumbled my voice muffled by the pillow atop my head. "Do I look like I'm feeling well?"

"Well, if you asked me, you don't look too different. Bitchy, sleep deprived, annoyed-"

I cut him off. "Get out."

"Sure. See you later." He leaft, striding past my door.

I stayed in bed for the rest of the day, cursing mankind for giving me these sicknesses and binging Friends on Netflix.

I'm in the bathroom, brushing my hair, when I heard the door unlock. "Siena?"

My throat hurt too much to speak, so I stepped out of the bathroom and walk into the kitchen.

"Hey!" He began. I raised a finger and cut him off. "Cat got your tongue?" He smirked.

I glared at him then grabbed my phone, swiping my finger across the screen and sending a text to him.

He read it aloud. "No idiot, I lost my voice."

"Nice to see you haven't lost your way of being annoying even while you're sick, he exclaimed, setting the phone on the counter. "I knew nothing was going to stop you." He chuckled, setting the sugar on the counter and picking up the coffee pot.

I typed. You're a coffee addict. How was school?

His phones chimed with the notification, and he glanced at it, reading it right off the lock screen. "Pretty good," he answered. "I didn't see Emma today, so it kinda sucked." His face fell when he mentions this, his ocean eyes dimming.

I typed quickly. You're in deep lover boy.

He glanced at the text. "Shut up." I raised an eyebrow in disbelief. "Anyway, that's all that happened. Oh, and I got your assignments for you." He hands over a thick stack of papers, and I inwardly groaned at the sight of them. "Sorry. They seemed to want to pile it on today."