Chapter 55

Hey guys! Hidden Under Darkness is up! Well, the first chapter... Check it out, tell me what you think! http://www.wattpad.com/2643110-hidden-under-darkness-~-chapter-1

___________________________________________________________________________

**Maddie’s POV**

At about two in the afternoon Ginny and I say goodbye to Angelina and Alicia and head back to the Burrow.

We walk into the kitchen. The atmosphere is very tense. Hermione is sitting at the kitchen table, staring out the window while chewing her nails. Harry and Ron are sitting on either side of her, throwing each other anxious looks.

“What’s going on?” I ask, putting my bag down.

“Our OWL results are arriving today,” Hermione says tensely. I grin at her.

“Oh, really?” I shake my head, “I remember getting my results… Fred, George and I forgot about them for about a week…”

“How could you?” Hermione gasps, “didn’t you want to know how you’d done?”

“Not really,” I shrug, “we had a pretty good guess. Actually, we guessed all our grades right.”

“I know Fred and George got three OWLs each,” Ron says, “what-”

“In what subjects?” Hermione interrupts.

“Surprisingly enough, Charms, Transfiguration and Care of Magical creatures,” I tell her, sitting down, “they almost got one in potions, they were only a couple of marks down from Acceptable.”

“And what did you get?” Ron asks. I feel my face heat up and shrug.

“I did alright,” I say dismissively. Mrs Weasley walks back into the kitchen as I say this and laughs.

“She got and O in everything,” she says.

“How’s Alithea?” I ask.

“Much better,” Mrs Weasley says, “she’s been sleeping for a little while. She should be up soon.”

“Thanks so much for minding her.”

“Oh, it was a pleasure!” Mrs Weasley says, “seems only yesterday all of mine were that size… And now they’re off getting married and starting families of their own…”

I jump as Hermione screams.

“Look!” she yells, pointing out the window. In the distance three dark spots are flying towards the house. I open the kitchen window and step back so the three handsome tawny owls can swoop in. Harry, Ron and Hermione quickly detach the parchment and open them. There’s silence for a few minutes and then Ron sighs with relief.

“Always knew I’d fail Divination,” he says, “but other than that…”

Mrs Weasley seizes the parchment and looks at it.

“Seven OWLs!” she cries, “that’s more than Fred and George combined!”

“How did you do, Hermione?” I ask. Hermione shakes her head and begins trying to stuff her parchment back in the envelope. Ron grabs it and reads it.

“Os for everything… Except Defense…” he looks up at her, “you’re actually disappointed, aren’t you?”

“You almost matched Maddison’s score,” Bill says, walking in, “and that in itself is an achievement.”

Hermione nods and pulls out her book list.

“I suppose we’ll have to make a trip to Diagon Alley now you’ve got these,” Mrs Weasley sighs, “no more putting it off.”