03

CHAPTER THREE: OF COURSE YOU CAN'T.

"Come to me, in the night hours
I will wait for you."

___

Arabelle walks into Jade Wolf, knowing it's late and they will probably kick her out of there before she can say 'hello' to Ethan but she needed her best friend. Someone who's not her sibling.

"Eth-."

"Boo!." Ethan pops out of the door and Arabelle raises an eyebrow. "You're supposed to be scared." Ethan says fake pouting.

"Too bad i'm a shadowhunter." Arabelle smiles sarcastically and Ethan crosses his arms over his chest. Arabelle has always thought that Ethan is hot, but for some reason she has never seen him in a romantic way, not like Jace at least.

"So what's up?." Ethan asks but Arabelle cocks an eyebrow.

"What were you doing?." She asks.

"Not much, i was eating before you came. I suggest you don't get to comfortable, the guys will probably kick you out." Ethan says before motioning the table, there was pizza, and Arabelle would of taken a piece already if it weren't for the inevitable knot she felt on her stomach.

Arabelle looks at Ethan in the eyes before motioning the door with her head.

"I was thinking we could talk, my head is going to explode if i don't." She says, Ethan quickly nods without hesitation.

"Sure, Belle." He takes his jacket and walk out of the small restaurant. "Is everything okay? You seem annoyed at something and that's never good."

Arabelle chuckles lightly before shaking her head.

"You know me so well." She admits and Ethan smiles sweetly at her.

"Of course i do." He says as he looks at the pier. "But this isn't about me, it's about you. What's wrong?."

Arabelle sighs loudly and tries to catch the most important things that were going through her mind.

"It's Jace." She lets out, Ethan sighs as he crosses his arms over his chest once again.

"What did he do now?."

"That's the thing he didn't do anything." Arabelle replies as she lays her back onto a wall. "He has been ignoring me all night, all because of a girl he meet back in the club."

Ethan frowns. He knew that Jace and Arabelle were close, but he also knew that Jace wasn't warm or fuzzy inside and he wasn't the best at showing affect. But he always made an exception for Arabelle.

"He meet a girl?."

"Her name is Clary, beautiful green eyes and a strawberry blonde, maybe as tall as me and kind of dumb if i can say so." Arabelle rolls her eyes. "She is a shadowhunter and she didn't even know."

"How can that be?." Ethan asks with courisity filling his voice.

"Don't know and don't care, i just don't like her." Arabelle finishes. "I don't know if i'm upset because Jace ignored me or if it's because she ruined tonight's mission."