Chapter 1: "Don't worry.I'm used to being alone."

A/N:Hey guys it's Lailah. I am starting this story that I hope you guys will like. Please feel free to comment and suggest stuff you might want to happen next. I will try to get back to you as soon as I can. please, positive feed back and every comment matters. Okay, well enjoy :).

Well, I never thought I'd spend my morning run actually running. But we'll get to that in a second. I'm Bailey, Bailey Grace. I'm 24 years old, I have long Blonde curly hair with blue eyes. I'm an only child (as far as I know). I say that because I was very young when I was kidnapped and stolen from my parents. On my usual morning runs, I do a light jog but never sprint. Don't get me wrong, I'm in good shape for my age but sprinting is difficult. But before all of that, I must start from the beginning.

I was dreaming, all the way back to when I was kidnapped.

Darkness. That's all I could see. That's all I ever saw. I was in bed, I'm 7, now turning 8 tomorrow. I woke up to pounding on my door. I woke with a start, I shot forward out of my bed and tiptoed to the door. I opened it very slightly, I saw a light coming from my downstairs living room.

My mom, screaming and pleading as this man in a uniform with a red patch on his arm slapped her and kicked her until she was on the floor crying. I sat there on the stair well so he wouldn't notice me. All i heard her say was 4 simple words.

"Please! Don't take her!" My mom pleaded. Dad was off again, probably out at the bar and getting drunk like he always does at 11:00 at night on a Friday. The man was big and broad, and he had a deep voice.

"Where is the girl?" He asked in a German accent. She didn't answer, so he slapped her again. Finally, I had had enough.

I ran down the stairs and stood in-between the man and mom. He just smirked an evil grin. All I remember was my mom screaming for me to run. And so I did. I bolted up the stairs but he grabbed me by the waist, I struggled and scream and he put a gag in my mouth and grabbed his gun and shot my mom. I was carried out with my mom Lying on the floor as I was shoved into a big black truck.

I woke up in a cold sweat with tears streaming down my eyes. My eyes were red and puffy. So I did what I did every morning, I just rubbed my eyes and got up. I have that dream..every Night of my life, sadly. I woke up and shut up my alarm. Then I went and changed into a purple workout shirt and some sweat paints and sneakers. I put my hair in a bun and headed out. As I did I noticed a well built man with blonde hair and blue eyes. I would say he was about 6'5? He was also in a workout outfit. We bumped into each other and we had some small talk.

"Oh, sorry." He said very politely.

"It's no problem." I said a little nervously,but I didn't show it in my expression. It was always hard for me to trust people.

"I'm Steve, Steve Rogers. Nice to meet you." He said, he is very gentleman like.

"I'm Bailey, Bailey Grace." I responded. His eyes seemed to light up as a smile crept across his face.

"So...I guess we're neighbors. Did you just move in?" I asked him. I'm curious, he wasent here a couple days ago.

" I guess we are, ya I moved in late last night. Work, still have alot of boxes to unpack though but ya." He said as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Well, I better get going. Bye Steve." I said as I waved and walked in the other direction.

He seems nice. Work? What is his work? Huh, I don't know. I probably shouldn't worry about it. Sorry if I seem rely nervous Around people, it's just...ever since Hydra, I haven't rely trusted people since. They took me and experimented on me. Then a memory that I tried to forget along time ago, came back.