Chapter 22: Happy Birthday, Where Are You?

I groaned as I stood on my tippy toes at the top of the latter trying to hang up Elijah's 17th birthday banner, finally getting it to stay in place as I grinned successfully. I looked down at Carol and Joey who were in the kitchen handling the cake. Joey had icing all over her nose and flour in her hair as she giggled loudly, and Carol's clothes were cover in cake mix as well as her hair.

"You guys are making a mess." I laughed climbing down and grabbing a over mit before pulling over the hot cupcakes and placing them on top of the counter. I had done alot of the cooking along with the help of Carol and Joey, and I just wanted everything to be perfect. We had hot wings, cupcakes, nachos, cake, jalopeno poppers, curly fries, and chips & dip. 

"Well we can't help it, icing is messy." Carol smiled revealing me her now stained hands before going over to start decorating the cupcakes. I grinned picking up Joey on my hip and wiping her face wwith a damp napkin as she laughed.

"Are you sure I can't come? I'll be good." Joey asked frowning, I knew she wanted to come but the people on Elijah's guest list didn't seem like the type you'd want near little kids. 

"I'm sorry Joe-Bear but it's a teenager party, me and Elijah will take you out tomorrow to celebrate okay?" I smiled and Joey nodded before jumping down and heading off to clean herself up.

"So how many people are on the guuest list anyway?" Carol asked and I thought it over for a moment before I let out a loud sigh.

"I don't know, but none of them are even our age. They're like mostly graduated or way older, it's about 30 people or so." I shurgged as I heard the front door open, and before I could react Elijah had picked me up kissing me roughly.

"It's almost time, why aren't you girls ready?" Elijah asked as Carol put on the final touches off the last cupcake. I smiled back at him as Carol raced too Joey's room where her clothes were, a few minutes later I heard the bathroom door close. Elijah followed me to his room and sat on the bed as I stripped down to my underwear, skin turning blood red under his watchful eyes. "Why do you still get nervous when I see you half dressed?"

"Because, it's... weird." I smiled plugging in my curling iron and going to his closet to pull out my halter red dress. I quickly began curling my hair and putting on some make up as Elijah pulled his clothes off. HE changed into a black button down shirt over his red undershirt with a white tie, a pair of red skinny's with a white belt and some black jordans with a white inside. I smiled over my shoulder as I slipped the dress on and asked him to zip it up as I blushed, he was so cute and yet he chose to be with me for some reason.

"You look amzing." He smiled kissing my neck as I pulled on some  black spider web tights adding red close toe heels.

"You look way more hot then me. Is Jared coming?" I asked nervous, Carol hadn't really been talking about it but I knew they hadn't been getting along too well since the break up.

"Well yeah, he's my bestfriend babe. I was friends with him way before I even knew Carol." He shrugged as the door bell rang. He grabbed my hand and I took a deep breath, it was 9 pm and the guest were right one time. I hadn't met many of Eliajh's friends and since we'd been dating 5 months now he decided it was time, but I was nervous. Elijah opened the door and people poured in, way more then we had expected but Elijah seemed cool. Some guys looking to be bikers in there late 30's fully tattooed with hefty beards, some goth chicks with skirts way too short wearing bras as shirts, some skater boys, some women who wore too much make up and tight clothes, men who looked like they were in gangs but well passed 20, my heart pounded as Elijah managed to disappear leaving me unguarded. I was screwed.

*3 Hours Later*

The small house was crowded and the only thing I could think of is how I probably should've escaped when Carol drove Joey to the babysitters house, but Carol was back now and seemed to be having fun as this skater guy flirted aimlessly with her. I couldn't find Elijah in the mist of the party, I could barely find the floor! Beer pong was going in the middle of the living room, girls were revealing their under clothes while dancing on the counter, guys were chugging from a keg I had no idead how it even got there, people were already drunk off their asses as they made out and groped in random areas, others were vomiting up, and weed smoke heavily clouded the air making it hard to breath. I fought through the crowd in the livingroom straight to the kitchen becoming irritated, I slipped my phone out and texted Elijah asking where he was.