Chapter 19 || Year 3

Hermione's POV-
.

I stormed out of the gryffindor common room with tears of both anger and sadness exploding from my eyes. My vision was blurry, so I had no idea where I was going, causing me to run head-first into someone.

I wiped my eyes and muttered an apology, not even bothering to see who it was, when two hand grabbed both my arms.

"Whoa Granger, hold up." The guy said, and I groaned when once again, I recognised the voice.

"Piss off Malfoy." I muttered, more tears falling.

"Hermione, what's wrong?" He asked, his voice suddenly turning from cocky to gentle.

I shook my head and refused to look at him whilst I tried to escape his strong grasp.

"Granger, please just tell me what's wrong." He demanded kindly.

"It's Ron." I mumbled.

"What did the Weasel do to you?" Draco questioned.

"He hates me, all because my cat apparently," I did quotation marks in the air, "ate his stupid rat, when I know Crookshanks didn't. Ron also is continuously calling me mental and insane because I'm taking heaps of classes and am doing loads of work. I really don't know what I did to him though." I cried all in one breath.

Draco didn't say anything but pulled me into his strong arms, holding me against his body, my head on his chest, his heartbeat sounding in my ear.

"I don't think you're insane. I think you're beyond brilliant." He whispered in my ear, his warm breath tickling my ear and neck.

"Really?" I asked, gazing up at him.

"Really." He confirmed, smiling.

"Thank you." I whispered, placing my head back on his chest.

"Don't ever listen to what the Weasel is telling you, he really isn't worth it." Draco sighed, putting his chin on the top of my head.

A new set of tears began to fall, creating small patterns on his shirt, but this time, they were tear of happiness.