83.

With no where to begin, Anakin raced back to Coruscant. If his apprentice was in danger, he would have no idea. With the amount of pain and off balance he felt there was no way he could know if it was specifically her.

He landed carefully next to the Senate building. His unruly hair flying behind his shoulders as he ran. He needed to check on his children, and the one who he treated like she was.

Elevators couldn't go fast enough, doors couldn't open quick enough, people couldn't move out of the way swift enough as he flew through the halls. He got many looks as the night began to turn into morning.

"Ahsoka!" He burst into the room.

"Master?" She sat there in front of the silent children's cribs.

"Ahsoka." The tall man sighed out in relief, "I need your help."

"Again? I'm kind of in the middle of the last thing you asked me to do." She said sarcastically.

"I'm serious, Ahsoka." Anakin turned to shut the door so they could be alone, "Something has happened and I need you to take the children out of Coruscant. Take them somewhere where they'll be safe."

"Take them off Coruscant? But where? Where's (Y/N)?" Ahsoka asked.

"I wish I knew." He said sadly. Then he thought of someone who might be able to help him.

"I'll be right back." Then he left the room before Ahsoka could say another thing. He kept his hood on as he walked calmly now through the halls.

~

He was in no danger, but he couldn't risk anything. Anakin knocked on the door of a friend. He waited impatiently for her to open the door.

"Anakin?" Padmé opened the door, "What's wrong? The sun has barely risen." She clung her night clothes to herself.

"May I come in?" He asked, but didn't wait for a response and allowed himself inside anyways.

"Of course." She shut the door behind him, confused, "Where's (Y/N)?"

"I was hoping you'd be able to help me answer that." He groaned.

"I haven't seen her since I left you two in the medical bay." She said, "Why? Where has she gone?"

"I don't know. There's been a massive Jedi purge. Overnight, thousands of Jedi have been killed." He explained, sitting on the couch.

"I'm sure (Y/N) is alright, she's very capable of protecting herself." Padmé assured him.

"I know she is." Anakin held his head in his mechanical hand, "She's capable of anything. She told me she was the one in charge of it all, special orders from the Chancellor. And she just kept leaving."

"Oh my.." The woman took the new information in. She had no idea such a thing had happened.

"I need to keep the children safe, I need to take them somewhere not here. I'm going to try to bring (Y/N) home. She's confused, she's lost. I have to try.. But if I can't, everything might be a lot more grim than we ever thought." Anakin thought aloud.

"I'll see if I can make contact with Senator Organa, he might know something. He is her uncle." Padmé suggested.

"She hardly talks to any kind of family. It reminds her of her past." Anakin stood and looked through the large windows of Padmé's room.

"It doesn't hurt to check. He was supposed to meet with Master Yoda last night." She explained.

"Thank you." Anakin muttered, and Padmé left the room.

Anakin stared out the window, he adjusted his clothing and pushed back his hair. His eyes adjusted from looking at the landscape to looking right back into his own eyes. It took everything inside of him to not start sobbing.

He blamed himself for this mess. He should've noticed, he should've seen the signs, he should've made them leave the moment she found out she was pregnant. Leaving wouldve saved so much time and pain, he would've been able to pay more attention. Why hadn't he paid more attention? He mentally slapped himself, the way (Y/N) wanted to when he had first said he had feelings for her.

The little moments he had noticed the last few months began to make sense as the little pieces began to display a larger image. Someone was messing with her head, the only reasonable person it could've been would be The Chancellor. He had done this to her, confused her and twisted her mind. Anakin clenched his fists at the thought, the Chancellor had messed with the wrong couple. He felt a hot pang surge into his metal arm.

Stay strong, he told himself, Stay strong for her.

After a few anxious minutes Padmé had entered the room. She noticed immediately the pained expression on Anakins face wasn't a good sign.

"Are you alright?" She asked the poor boy as he held his metal arm in pain.

"It-It hurts." He uttered.

"When did you put pain censors into your arm?" She asked, confused that a man who was constantly at risk of losing a limb would opt to use pain receptors.

"I di-didn't." He scrunched his brow as the searing pain began to slowly dissipate.

"Then why does it hurt?" She asks, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"The force." Anakin explained, "The force is trying to tell me something."

"What is it?" She continued her questioning.

"I'm not sure, did you get in touch with Senator Organa?" He changes the subject away from his small weakness.

"I did. Senator Organa is bringing Obi-Wan and Master Yoda to the temple now. You can meet them there in a few minutes." Padmé told him.

"Do they know the Temple is surrounded by every clone (Y/N) lead?" He asked.

"They do. That's why they're coming back. A signal is being sent from the Jedi Temple for all off land Jedi to return to coruscant. It's a death trap. Obi-Wan, Yoda, and now you, I assume, are going to shut the signal off." She explained.

"Perfect." He sighed, glancing out the window another time. How did this become his life? Maybe this was the time that he was training for his whole life? But if that were true how did it get so tangled like this. He had failed the closest one to him.

"Anakin?" Padmé offered her friend a comforting smile.

"Thank you for your help, Padmé. All of it." He would've opened his arms for a friendly hug, but quickly shut the idea out of his head. The only person he wanted in his arms was (Y/N).

"Of course." She nodded, a hint of sadness tainted her smile. Then Anakin left her room quickly. Being there reminded him too much of his wife.

That's all he wanted, he wanted to know where she'd gone. He knew he could save her, he could always save her. It had felt like she hadn't been with her for days, even though physically he saw her yesterday. He wanted to play with the family they built together. His whole life that's all he wanted was a family, and it was breaking before it even began.

He snuck through the shadows of town. He used a speeder bike from Padmé, weaving quickly through people and carts. He arrived at the Temple, disguising his appearance by hiding his face.

Soon he would be reunited with his Master and Master Yoda. Together, the three of them they would begin to make things right again