Chapter 11 - After the Storm

It was still raining put the typhoon have definitely shifted its route ,  Ms.Mikahara and i went to the nearest clinic to get my broken arm to be casted.

"..the bones were not shattered so it'll heal in no time ..." said the doctor

"Thank you , Doctor Kiritani how much was it again ?" asked Ms.Mikahara

"Oh' no , don't worry about it , me and Mimiko are really greatful for always taking care of our daughter Yomiko since her mom is working abroad and she' doesn't really like me ' remarrying her mother..." in a verge of tears..

"D-don't worry about it Doctor she's like a daughter to me as well , we in the Famille' are like family and i think she haven't fully adjusted yet , they been really distant when her dad died 5 years ago , give it time she will eventually open up to you.." she smiles wryly

(Whoa , revelation...i didn't know that ..) minamino muttered to himself.

"Mina i'll be heading to work now , take it easy for today i'll explain the details to the university , just go home okay..." and with that they go on separate ways..

He was strolling near the commercial district when he saw an old lady trying to cross the street with seems to be a huge package carrying on her back ,..

"Ma'am that looks heavy do you need help with that ?"

"Oh' ..what a kindhearted young man , i'd appreciate it you do.." as she's about to hand it to him..

(Holy crab cake this thing weights a ton , how come all the woman in this city and even the old lady seems to be really strong or i'm just really weak..{you're just weak} and who's fault is that for making me weak ?{ don't blame other people for your insecurities man..} ...why do i even bother talking to you..)

He was literally struggling to maintain his balance while carrying the package on his back and holding the straps by his left hand , right hand casted knees shaking they patiently waiting for the traffic lights to change for them to cross the street..

(god dammit just change already..)

As his knees about to gave in , someone seems to have help him carry the heavy load , when he looked back to see who it is he was surprise to see....

"K-Kasumi , w-what are you doing  ?!" he nervously ask

"You're an idiot aren't you !" she said with narrowed eyebrow 

After finally helping the old lady cross the road...

"Thanks Kasumi , you're really a great help back there , sorry if its a bit heavy though.."

She just stares at him saying nothing arms crossed and brows narrow..

"Just what do you think you're doing , you're not even recovered yet , why are you doing something reckless again ?" she scolded

"B-but i can't really leave the poor old lady , she's carrying a really huge load on her back.. he explained

"You're trying to help her , but you can't even carry her stuff...anyway let's just go home , before you try to help someone again.."

(Well this took an unexpected turn , i never imagine that i'd be walking home along with Kasumi..)

While walking next to the station they notice a young boy crying alone..they approach him and..

"What's wrong little boy , are you lost ?" minamino asked..

The boy stood there silently wipping his tears staring at him , then the boy looked at Kasumi then..