109

"now listen to me, we will make it work alright? just don't shut down on me okay? talk to me dan, i need you," phil pleaded and dan looked up at him. phil looked so tired. his skin looked paler than usual, dark bags occupying the space under his faded eyes. his hair was choppy and a mess of black but he still looked so perfect and it made dan want to cry.

"i'm sorry, i just, i am so scared phil i don't want to stay here," dan anxiously mumbled, climbing into phil's lap, straddling his waist and wrapping his arms around his neck. the close contact made phil sigh out of relief into dan's shoulder, one of his hands holding dan's body close to him the other travelling up and massaging his scalp.

"i don't know what to do dan, i am so confused right now," phil's brain was going off. he could not come up with anything to help dan, to help their relationship.

"please take me away from here phil, i can't," dan was insecure and phil was so warm and soft, and he smelled like cinnamon and caramel, and his gestures were so full of care and affection, it just made dan break down and sob relentlessly into the crook of phil's neck.

"babe," phil held dan closer, burying his face in dan's soft skin and rubbing his hands up and down dan's spine.

"do you think we should talk to your parents?" phil asked, already knowing the answer.

"do you think phil? they won't understand ever,"

"then what should we do?"

"we should run away," dan wiped his eyes and shifted back in phil's lap to look at phil's face. there was a hint of reluctance on phil's face and dan had no idea why.

"what's wrong? do you," dan took a deep breath. "do you not want me to stay with you?"

"no baby, i just, that's not it," phil leaned forward and rested his forehead against dan's. it was intoxicating, the way he could feel dan's warm breath on his face and the way he could hear dan's heartbeat going haywire.

"what is it then?"

"it's your parents, what if they call the police—"

"phil, i'm eighteen,"

"what?"

"i'm legal, it is now my choice if i want to leave or not," dan reassured phil, grabbing his cheeks in his clammy hands and phil let out a deep breath.

"so you mean," phil wrapped both of his arms tightly around dan's waist.

"yes," dan placed a kiss on phil's cheek, his hands snaking around phil's neck.

"are you sure you want to do this?" phil opened his eyes, raising his head to look at dan.

"i am always sure with you," and just with the way dan's lips curved upwards, dimples carving beautifully in his cheeks, made phil want to throw all their stuff in his car right now and take him far, far away.

"i missed you so much," phil mumbled leaning closer so there faces were barely inches apart.

"i missed you too baby," and after a torturous month and a half, phil could finally feel things going right as dan's fingers gripped his hair and his hands fisted dan's shirt on the back, their lips moulding together in a kiss that could only be explained by exploding fireworks.

--
my doggo borks when i cri
she understand