FIFTY (EDITED)

The air begins to cool and I shiver. Harry hasn't spoken for a while. He looks deep in thought, his brow furrowed.

It's hard for me to imagine Harry chasing after a girl like Violet. She seems like a girl who's too caught up in her own life to stop and fall in love, much like Harry.

At the same time, anger and a bit of envy bubbles inside me. How could violet be so cold towards Harry, leaving him in the dust while she goes on to Los Angeles? Didn't she know that she had all his love? Why didn't she stay for him, and give him the love he deserved?

He deserves love, I think to myself as I watch him. He deserves it more than anyone, even if he doesn't believe in it.

"Harry," I say, breaking the silence.

He looks up. "Hmm."

"I think we should go. It looks like it's going to rain."

He nods and rises, stretching his limbs as he reaches his full height. I stand next to him, still wary of the fifteen stories below the glass.

"Do you need to hold my hand again?" Harry asks teasingly.

"No," I retort. The air has changed between us, I can feel it. It's from revealing our secrets, I know it. I feel just a bit more comfortable around Harry knowing that he knows my dark past, and accepts it.

Harry smirks at me and we begin walking off the glass. I look at my feet, swallowing at the vast height we are above the lobby.

A split second later, Harry shoves me slightly, saying, "Watch your step!" in my ear.

I squeal and grab onto his arm as he laughs. I loop my arm tightly around his, almost leaning on him as he continues to laugh at me.

I shove him away once we're off the glass.

"Douche," I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Aw, Rosie, are you afraid of heights?"

"No," l snap. "I just don't appreciate it when British assholes tell me to watch my step when we're fifteen stories above the ground."

Harry laughs again. "British assholes," He repeats. "That's a new one."

"Yeah, I have a lot of new ones saved from the time I haven't seen you," I tell him as we wait for the elevator.

"Hmm, can't wait to hear them." Harry's eyes smile along with his lips.

We take the elevator down to the lobby and walk out to Harry's car. I slide into the passenger seat and sigh. I catch my reflection in one of the side mirrors.

My hair is slightly wavy from the shower I took earlier, and my cheeks are flushed from the cold. My eyes are bright and lively, although I can't figure out why. I think it might be Harry's influence, but I'm not quite sure.

"See, that wasn't so bad," Harry says, smirking. "You made it out alive."

I roll my eyes. "I'm never walking out onto the window again."

"You believe that, Rosie."

"Oh I will."

We smirk at each other.

Harry turns on the radio again, and I suddenly feel overcome with sleepiness, no doubt from my earlier flight. I rest my head back against the seat and my eyes flutter shut.

I hear Harry hum quietly along with the song on the radio. I listen carefully to the way his deep voice hits each note, almost like honey.

My thoughts drift to Violet. I wonder what she's doing now. Does she even think about Harry, when he must think of her all the time?