Awkward

"I don't think this is a good idea..." I felt so uncomfortable. I knew Gerard meant well but I was scared that if I said the wrong thing, his brother would tell on us, or worse: try to break us up. Especially after our last encounter.

"I promise it will be okay, Frank. Mikey isn't that unnerving. He only has a few months on top of you." Gerard went down the stairs so I had to follow.

I really thought that going home would be the best thing now; not trying to win over his brother. This could go so wrong. This mission really needed to be aborted.

Mikey was sat on the sofa, on his phone. He looked up when we came into the room and his eyes instantly narrowed when he saw me. "Oh, look. It's the cougar and his underage fuck buddy."

I cringed at his words and felt even more awkward than before. This wasn't going to end well.

"Please try to be, at least, civil." Gerard sighed, "You may not apprehend this, Mikey, but Frank is important to me."

I couldn't stop a smile worming its way onto my face. I felt slightly smug.

Mikey put his phone away and crossed his arms, "If you say so."

"I do." Gerard agreed, sitting down next to his brother, leaving me to stand uneasily in front of them.

"I just wanna know..." Mikey sighed, shaking his head, "How the fuck...?"

Gerard smiled a little and looked at me. I smiled back, feeling embarrassed.

"I took to him instantly. He is the light in my dark."

I blushed a little, the smile on my face growing bigger. He was the light in my dark.

"Okay..." Mikey smirked before finally looking at me. He was silent as his eyes roamed over me. I felt so uncomfortable.

"So... Gerard's your teacher?" He finally asked.

I nodded, "Um yeah..."

"How long have you two... Uh..." It was Mikey's turn to feel uncomfortable.

"Let's leave out the specifics." Gerard laughed nervously, "I just wanted you to know that this isn't just uh... a physical relationship."

My ears pricked up. Since we'd never really specified what we were to each other, I was interested in what he had to say. I obviously already knew that we weren't just in a friends with benefits type of deal, but I was still intrigued by his side of the story.

"Seriously?" Mikey seemed to find that hard to believe.

"I am being most serious." Gerard nodded. He looked at me again and smiled fondly. "I am always serious."

"True that." Mikey muttered and I had to agree as well.

"Do you accept our relationship?" Gerard asked bluntly after a few seconds of silence. I thought that he should give him a bit of time to digest all of this but alright.

Mikey looked at me again for a long moment before looking back to his brother. "It's kinda ridiculous but yeah, I guess. I won't tell anyone and don't worry, I won't tell mom." He smirked.

It was weird to think Gerard had a higher authority to look up to like a mom but he obviously had one.

"That is most appreciated." Gerard chuckled nervously.

"You're welcome." Mikey shrugged and stood up, "I'm going out. I'll see you later."

Gerard stood up as well, "Don't get up to any mischief."

"I'll do anything but." Mikey smirked and pulled on his jacket, leaving a minute later.

That left just me and Gerard.

"I uh..." I still felt pretty awkward, "I should probably go."

Gerard came back over to me and moved some of my hair out of my face carefully. "If you insist."

I coughed awkwardly and nodded before pulling on my Converse and tying the laces. When I was stood up properly again, I saw he was holding my bag out for me.

"Thanks..." I mumbled, taking it from him and shoving it over my shoulder.

This whole situation had thrown me a bit, if I was being honest. Sometimes I forgot that this was just between the two of us so when we weren't being as careful as we should have been, like at school when that TA had walked in, I felt shitty. It was just a reminder that this relationship was never going to be a real one that was accepted by anyone.

I was only ever going to be his dirty secret.

At first, I hadn't minded. Now though, it was becoming unbearable. If I wanted to stay with him, which I really fucking did, I'd just have to suck it up and get on with it. Didn't mean I had to like it though.

Gerard opened the front door for me. "Would you like me to drive you home?"

"Nah, it's okay. I don't live that far away." I smiled at his offer.

"If you are sure..." He looked a little disheartened, "I will see you on Monday then."

"Yeah." I agreed, the awkward feeling not leaving. Should I kiss him goodbye like normal?

He answered that question for me by leaning in and lightly pressing his lips to mine. When he pulled away again, he smiled sadly and said, "Remember that it is the performance on Friday."

Oh, shit, yeah. We were finally performing our plays.

I nodded, "I think we're ready."

"As do I." He agreed before moving out of the way so I could leave, "Have a good remainder of your weekend."

"You too." I smiled before leaving, hearing the door shut behind me.

---

Thank you all for the sweet comments on the last chapter :)
I couldn't stop grinning like an idiot when I read them.

-Beth :3