The Poison Sky

FREE! I am FREEEEEEEE! AHAHAHAHAH - *coughs*

Ahem. I'm out of school finally! :D We celebrate with an update!

Enjoy "The Poison Sky!"

***

"Move over!" the Alchemist ordered.

Donna hastily did, and the Alchemist raised her hands. The Vortex poured from them, surrounding the windshield and making a filmy screen. With one punch, the glass disappeared, and the Alchemist reached inside to pull Wilf out, coughing the entire time. The Doctor quickly helped her, both of them pulling Wilf out to safety. "Thanks," the man wheezed.

"Get inside the house," the Doctor said as Sylvia ran out to help, the Alchemist bending over double as she tried to catch her breath back, Donna reaching to help her inhale from her ring. "Just try and close off the doors and windows."

"Doctor! Alchemist!" Ross called, driving up in a black cab. "This is all I could find that hasn't got ATMOS."

"Donna, you coming?" the Doctor asked his sister.

"Yeah," Donna nodded, looking at the Alchemist in concern.

"Donna, don't go," Sylvia begged as the Doctor helped the Alchemist back into the cab. "Look what happens every time that Doctor appears." Donna recoiled, hearing the insult to her brother. "Stay with us, please."

Wilf, on the other hand, looked at the Doctor, seeing how stressed he already looked. "You go, my darling," he said.

"Dad!" Sylvia looked at him, startled.

"Don't listen to her. You go with the Doctor. That's my girl."

Donna nodded and hurried after the Doctor, climbing in the front as the Doctor stayed in the back, hugging the Alchemist tightly to him as Ross drove them back to UNIT.

***

"Ross, look after yourself," the Doctor said as they arrived at the base. "Get inside the building."

"Will do," Ross nodded as the trio piled out.

"The air is disgusting," Donna gagged.

"Tell me about it," the Alchemist wrinkled her nose.

"Your poor nose," the Doctor smiled sympathetically. "It's not so bad for me. Get inside the TARDIS, both of you. Oh, I've never given you a key!" He held it out to Donna. "Keep that. Go on, that's yours. Quite a big moment, really."

"Yeah, maybe we can get sentimental after the world's finished choking to death," Donna scowled.

"Good idea," the Doctor admitted. "Alice, go with her."

"Where are you going?" Donna asked as the Alchemist didn't even try to argue.

"To stop a war!" the Doctor shouted over his shoulder as he ran.

***

"Right, then, here I am," the Doctor said as he walked in. "Good. Whatever you do, Colonel Mace, do not engage the Sontarans in battle. There is nothing they like better than a war. Just leave this to me."

"And what are you going to do?"

"I've got the TARDIS. I'm going to get onboard their ship." The Doctor turned to Martha, seeing her tap something on her phone. "Come on."

Martha looked up, then followed him.

***

The Alchemist paused when she heard something outside change. "Wait a tick," she told Donna, heading for the door.