Pt. 14. He Gets The Matter Resolved

Alyssa's prom dress

Pt. 14 He Gets The Matter Resolved

          The decorations for prom were beautiful. It was an Arabian theme. And it looked good. The lighting was dim and there were draped curtains at the entrance. Tables formed a large circle around the room, there was a red carpet covering the entire floor. The color was red and gold so my dress went with it just fine. My dress was an one-shouldered number that made you think goddess. And I'm not saying that to sound stuck up, it really does make you think that. The one strap slid down the opposite side of the dress and was made of gold silk. The other half of my dress was a sheer lace that had bedazzlements and glitter to hide the fact that it was see through. I also had a silver belt filled with gems that was sewed right under my breasts. My hair was in a waterfall of curls and my makeup done natural. And my heels? Way too high and strappy.

         I went to one of the tables to take a seat and wait for Melanie. I was actually the late one. She texted me ten minutes ago saying she was taking pictures with some girls she remembered while she was waiting for me. So, now I had to wait for her, but I didn't mind. I enjoyed looking around. Yeah, right. You're only looking around hoping to catch a glimpse of Tyler. Admit it. You miss him and you're just being a drama queen about the whole thing. Okay, maybe I was just looking for him. I wanted to know whether or not he'd brought Harrison. Ugh, Harrison. Why'd he have to go and steal my man? Well, he wasn't my man exactly nor did he actually steal him, but that's what I kept telling myself until I believed it. Although, he did call me "his girl" at Evan's party, but that was probably just to get that douchebag away from me.

        I didn't spot Tyler, but I did see Harrison. He came with some girl who clung to his arm like it was her life. She was cute, with honey blonde shoulder length hair and petite frame. Huh, how is it that I've never seen this girl before? I would've remembered a face like hers. Harrison leaned down, whispering something in her ear, making her giggle. Melanie came over to sit with me before I could use the knife on the table to gouge out my eyeballs. She tapped my arm to get my attention.

       I looked at her, "What's up?"

        "That's Harrison." I nodded, then shrugged, not really understanding her statement. She rolled her eyes, "I had a huge crush on him in my Junior year. But, he's so dense sometimes."

       I gaped at her. "You? You had a crush on Harrison Cole? How come I never knew this?" This new piece of information was definitely shocking. Mel and I told each other everything. So me not knowing that she had a crush on this guy was something.

        She shrugged, "I didn't feel like it was that important. Especially after we had sex and he acted as if I didn't exist afterwards. But, me being me, I still had—"

      I held up both my hands, "Woah, woah, woah! Wait, a sec. You two had sex?" Now this is shocking. What the actual hell? "What the hell? When did this happen?"

          She looked sheepishly at me. "You remember that party two years ago at his place, the one you didn't go to, and totally missed all the fun? The only one I couldn't force you to attend?" I nodded my head, not wanting to interrupt her in fear that it would cause her to stop giving me the details. "Well, I got drunk off my ass and embarrassed myself by doing a strip tease on his table. He was the one that saved me from further embarrassment by taking me to his room. And one thing led to another. When I woke up the next morning naked and by him, naked as well, I just knew. Plus, I was a virgin, so naturally, I felt it."