11

"So you're telling us that we have to walk back to Italy?" Montgomery asks Steve after he explained what his plan was. 

"We have to. My transmitter is broken." Steve chuckles before pulling out the transmitter, now with a few holes in it.

As Steve continues to answer the men's questions, Bucky leans down to me and quietly whispers in my ear, "Can we talk?" 

I nod and follow him away from the group. 

"What's wrong Bucky?" I ask when we stop.

Instead of verbally answering my question, he whips around and grabs me by the waist, pulling me into him. Before I know it, his lips are moving against mine. I'm surprised at first, but soon I relax and begin to kiss him back.

"God I've wanted to do that for such a long time." Bucky laughs when we pull away from each other. I laugh too before I lay my head on his chest with my arms wrapped around his stomach as he wraps his arms around me, holding me to him. 

"You're okay, right? They didn't hurt you or anything?" I ask him. 

"No, I'm fine. Don't worry about me." he responds. I pull away from him and look him in the eyes, sticking my hip out and crossing my arms. 

"Don't worry about you?" I scoff, rolling my eyes. 

"What?" he laughs. 

"You almost got blown up!" I exclaim, pointing towards the still burning building. 

"Well, in my defense, that wasn't my fault. It was this guy who I don't really think is a guy because he doesn't have a nose and his skin is red." Bucky stammers because he's talking too fast. I look at him for a moment before I start laughing at how ridiculous he sounded, trying to explain that to me. 

"What now?" Bucky asks, suppressing a smile. 

"You're such an idiot." I manage to get out in between my fits of laughter.

"Well, I never." Bucky says, raising his voice and placing a hand over his heart. I laugh harder and collapse on the ground. I clutch my stomach as I keep laughing. Bucky's laughter from next to me breaks me out of my fit. I roll over and lay on my stomach, watching him. I sigh and close my eyes, trying to believe this is really real. 

"What's wrong, Charlotte?" Bucky asks me then. I open my eyes and smile at him. 

"I've missed you, Buck. I never thought I'd see you again. I feel like I'm dreaming." I admit, looking down at the ground in front of me. 

"Come here." Bucky says gently. I look up and see him hold out his arms. I sigh and get up, walking over to him and sitting back down in his lap. I lay back against his chest as he wraps his arms around me. 

"I promise, you're not dreaming. I really am here, and I'm not going anywhere." he whispers in my ear. We sit in silence for a few moments, watching Steve instruct the soldiers to do what he wants. 

"Where did Bucky and Charlotte go?" we faintly hear him yell. 

"Guess that's our cue." I say, standing up.

"Yep." Bucky chuckles, standing up as well. He then takes my hand in his and pulls me back over to Steve. 

"Where did you two go?" Steve asks us when we stop in front of him. 

"We were just talking." I explain to him. He gives me a questioning look before shrugging and telling us to follow him. 

"What are we doing?" I ask him cheerfully, excited to get back to Italy.