Chapter Sixteen

Astrid shut her door quietly, barely even glancing at me. I couldn't help myself; I was pacing the room, clenching and un-clenching my fists. I ran a hand through my hair, furiously tugging at the ends until Astrid stopped me.

I froze, looking down at her. I seemed to have grown, again. I wasn't five foot eleven now, I was pretty sure I am now six foot one. Astrid was shaking her head, walking away from me.

I thought for a moment before taking a deep breath and grabbing her hand, spinning her and pulling her to me. Our bodies crashed together and her hands landed flat against my chest. They sent warmth throughout my whole body.

Astrid jumped when my hands gripped her hips. "Harry!" Astrid gasped, glaring at me.

I didn't reply, I just stared at her, smiling softly. I pressed my fingers tighter against her body. Astrid's eyes widened slightly in realisation.

"How long?" She asked quietly, her forehead resting on my chest.

"Well," I said, my voice deeper than normal, "I've liked you from the day that I met you. I figured that I loved you when we were 15." I leaned down to her ear. "I just hope you feel the same."

Astrid's head rose slowly to meet my eyes. Her cheeks were tinted a rosy colour. "Of course I do, it just took me a while to realise it."

That's when I leaned down to kiss her. Before our lips could barely graze each other's, Ryan ran into the room. He stared at the two of us. I growled quietly.

"Get out," I snapped. He didn't move. "Out!"

"OK, OK, I'm going, jeez, calm down," Ryan muttered leaving the room.

I was trying to control my irregular breathing at this point. Astrid's hand cupped my jaw, forcing me to look at her. I immediately calmed down.

Without thinking, I smashed my lips into Astrid's, parting them slightly in the process. She kissed back with at much force, sending shivers down my spine. I couldn't describe the feeling I had when we kissed, I was enjoying it too much.

"Jumped," I hissed, groaning quietly. Astrid did, wrapping her legs around my waist, her hands massaging my scalp. I ran my hands up and down her body, not thinking as my hands slipping under her shirt.

Once we broke the kiss to breathe again, I tugged gently at her shirt; she nodded. I pulled it off without any hassle, placing my lips firmly onto hers again.

I walked over to the nearest wall, pressing Astrid's body against it. Her feet found the floor again, her hands running up and down my chest. I grabbed them, interlocking our fingers as I locked them above her head. I was breathing heavily, smiling down at Astrid.

"That was ... unexpected," I mumbled, shifting on my feet. I pressed my body tighter into hers, completely trapping her in place.

Astrid moved her head, pecking my lips. I smirked, letting my lips trail down her jaw and onto her neck. I pecked her skin, my lips lingering at her pulse when Astrid had squirmed as my lips grazed the skin.

Sweet spot I thought, chuckling to myself, attaching my lips onto her skin once again. I placed big mouth opened kisses on her pulse which she loved. I sucked lightly, loving the response that I had on her. Still sucking, my teeth grazed her skin and I bit down.

Astrid gasped silently, watching me as I stood up straight, admiring my work. Then I saw something I shouldn't have seen. It was blood.

I stumbled backwards, staring at her neck in horror. Reaching up, I felt my teeth retract, the fangs no longer noticeable. Luckily I pulled away just in time. I could still taste the blood on my lips. How hard had I bitten her? I wasn't controlling myself so I could have hurt her.

Astrid didn't seem to notice she was bleeding. "Harry, what's wrong?"

I didn't answer, shaking my head. I was angry at myself. I should have been in control, but I wasn't. There were consequences. I watched Astrid from the corner of my eye grab a mirror from her bedside table. She looked at the mark I left and laughed at the blood.

She turned to me. "You're worried about that?" Astrid laughed again. "Oh God, Harry, it's fine, don't worry about it."

I didn't speak, slinging an arm around her waist, scooping her close. My forehead hit hers. "I could've hurt you," I whispered.

"But you didn't," Astrid whispered back. "Besides, I'll need to cover it up anyway." I noticed the skin around the bite had started to turn slightly red. My face dropped. "Do you really want my Uncle to see it?"

I shrugged innocently. "I guess not," I laughed.

Astrid pecked my lips, breaking the hold. I watched her as she picked up her shirt from the floor, pulling it on. Suddenly a thought came to mind.

"I'll be right back," I told her, leaving the room. I stormed into Ryan's, slamming the door. "What the fuck just happened?" My voice was deadly quiet.

"You tried to Mark Astrid." Funny how he knew what I was talking about.

"I tried to what now?" My eyebrows rose.

"Mark her." Ryan replied.

"Mark her?" I echoed.

"Yes. It's when the wolf marks his love as he is feeling dominant, not wanting anybody else to have her ... or him." Ryan looked at me.

"But I nearly killed her!" I shouted. "What if I try to mark her again?"

"Simple," Ryan shrugged. "Mark her when and where she wants to be Marked."

I left the room then. I couldn't deal with his smugness at the moment. Stressfully, I ran my hand through my hair, entering Astrid's room. She didn't notice me staring. She had changed into some more comfortable clothes, tying her hair up into a messy bun at the top of her head.

She had her back to me as she sorted out her bed. I snuck over, making her jump as my arms wound around her. I squeezed tightly, chuckling when she slapped my arm.

"Did I scare you?" I teased.

"No," Astrid mumbled, "you made me jump. There's a difference." I didn't reply. Instead I stole a quick kiss to her cheek, jumping on the bed and stretching myself out. I patted the spot next to me; Astrid climbed on. We lay on our sides, Astrid's back to me.

I grabbed her and she hit my chest with a soft thud. Nuzzling my chin onto her shoulder, my hands ran up and the sides of her body before stopping under her shirt. Her skin was warm. So was I.

Astrid closed her eyes. "Astrid?" I whispered. She hummed in response. "What are we?"

"What do you mean?" She murmured sleepily.

I sighed. "Does this make you ... my girlfriend?"

"If you want me to be."

"Of course I do." I kissed her shoulder once, squeezing my hold. "Good night Astrid, sleep well."

She didn't reply. She was already asleep.