Chapter One: CHAOS

◤ ❝We knew what we were giving up when we joined. I can assure you that it was not as much a sacrifice as you presume it to have been. We lived in fancy houses with silhouettes incapable of love from the moment we were children. Family moved among us like we were nothing more than a piece of furniture acknowledged every once in a while. We sat in meetings of sovereignty and listened to words of spite until they eventually became our own. Finding someone in our lives that loved us was more challenging than finding someone who would reprimand us for our foolishness, and that is why when one was found, we sacrificed everything for them. We don't hold such resentment towards you and your friends because we see you as less than us. Contrary, I believe you were given more. You know enough of compassion to keep you whole. We had so little that destroying it was a quick process, and one that we did not need to recover from. ❞ ― Andromeda Erebus ◢

  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂  

CHAPTER ONE:       CHAOS  

July 5th, 1996

              No one knows what the world has to hold for them.  Not even those with the Sight could foreshadow certainty of where they will be. If they will be. There are ever-changing decisions that could alter even the clearest of paths, possibilities that could push all previous plans to the brink of nonexistence, and an entire life of consequences that may or may not contribute to what one receives at the end of their days. Although this was true, there was also some truth to having assumptions as to where one will end up. In the Wizarding World, where you are placed at the age of eleven has the ability to determine two things: if you live or if you die at the end of it all, and if you will be the hero or the villain standing on the winning side or the losing one. 

Granted, these prestigious placements seemed to be most prevalent for the newest generation when Harry James Potter entered Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with no idea how thick of a line he would draw in the school. There was never a better side. Contrary to what people might say in the history books, both sides had evil living among their flanks. Both sides chased an image of what they wanted their futures to be; both went to incongruous lengths to plead their case, and they each cared little for the person that they were pointing their wands at. One side just happened to love the darker hues, mixing black and green instead of red and white.  

Anyone that attended Hogwarts—whether it be past or present—could tell you that the feud between the two of the four houses at Hogwarts reached borderline cynical, that Slytherin and Gryffindor were the elite pair when it came to mutual hatred for one another. It may have had something to do with Slytherin's wicked sense of self-preservation and Gryffindor's inability to think before they stuck their neck out, but there was something dark that had always loomed between the houses. Whether it was Slytherins hexing Gryffindors in the corridors or potions being exploded on purebloods that had half the heart to kill the brave souls that came up with it, the resentment was limitless. From that hatred came the prejudice accusations, ruin of family legacies, and the making of two monsters that had been placed in the darkness long before Slytherin attacked their titles.

Erebus and Malfoy were two of the most notorious names in the Wizarding World, known to most by the pureblood line of Slytherins that came from each descendant. They were also two of the few pureblood families that had yet to have linked heritage to one another. It was only fitting that their names went along with their heavy reputations, with Erebus rooting back to the word 'darkness' itself and Malfoy no less than 'bad faith'. Alastiare Erebus and Lucius Malfoy may not have been the bearers of the burden placed upon their families, but they did little to prevent the same fate they chose from falling upon their only children.