57. Dreams

Shout out to ilovepizaaaa
for making this new cover for me! Check it out above.
Song: Love the way you lie -Rihanna, Eminem.
***
     We return home after getting the beers. Lexis I'm not sure if it was out of guilt or respect never asked what happened when I went to my room but I noticed the glances he threw my way in between arguing with Keith on Man united and AC Milan.

      Not wanting to hear another word on sports I retire for the night needing to sleep away my problems and fears. Counting to 100 I shut my eyes allowing the calm of sleep to overtake me and distract me.

I open my eyes to my standing outside a door I had come to fear, unsure, too scared to leave and scared of what may be going on behind the doors. I hear the scream and rush in. In front of me is my mum standing next to the toilet door.

" Mum?" I call out in fear.

In his hands is a big knife he is standing in front of her either oblivious to my presence or not caring.

He moves forward and I also rush forward standing in front of her.

"No please don't hurt my mother please don't hurt her," I cry out.

"Hera don't worry I'm fine," My mother lies.
He pushes us making her hit the wall while I fall. He then walks forward to stab her but she escapes to my side. We both get up and run out locking ourselves up in her room.

      The image changes, I am running in the passage way as he follows me. I stop at the door but it is locked. I bang on it screaming for help and turn to see he has caught up.

"Where do you think you are going?" He says as he drags me by the hair down and uses his hands to slap me. A kick to my stomach follows.

I scream in tears pleading.

"Please don't hit me. I'm sorry please stop," I scream as another kick follows to my head. He lifts me up and hits my head against the wall as I black out.

I open my eyes to his voice. "Just look at you. As ugly as your mother. You can never find a husband," He starts laughing as the scene changes to my serving him a cup of water. My hands shaking spills some. I feel a slap against my face.

"You ugly bitch! Is this what your mother taught you? You're as useless as your mum," He says in anger.

"I'm sorry" I cry out. Running to my room and locking the door to hide praying he doesn't break in.

          The scene changes to my mum being punched by him.
He lifts a chair and hits her face with it. As I scream rushing forward.

The image blurs.

"No matter what you do or wear you'll still look like a monster, pity the children in your school and hide your body. If I was you I'll cover my face," He says laughing.

"I'm not ugly," I reply.

"Yes you are so ugly that seeing you makes me want to beat out the ugly," He says as he raises his hands to strike and I shut my eyes awaiting the impact.

       I open my eyes to my standing by the door watching as he adds something to our meals. As soon as he leaves I hurry to the main trash of the home outside and look in to see what it was. At the top is a pack of rat poison. I hurry back in and see my mother already eating from it

"No! Mummy stop he poisoned it!" I scream.
The scene fades away to my seating in his room tied up and scared. He smiles.
"This is your punishment for disobeying me and telling your teacher lies," He says.

"But I never lied, I said what you did to mummy," I reply scared at what punishment he had planned this time.

His hand meets my face in a painful slap.

"Don't you dare counter me!" He says and picks up an iron that was in the fireplace.

Realising what he is about to do I start crying and pleading.

"No. Please I'm sorry, I'm sorry I won't do it again please, please," I scream as he places it on my hand as I scream my heart out.

I jump up breathing heavily to the sight of Lexis arms balled in a fist on a chair seated next to the bed.

"Hera.." He says voice constrained.

"Did...did your dad abuse you and your mum?" He asks as the door opens revealing Keith.

"Sleeping are you okay? I heard you screaming," He asks as he rushes in to my side.

Thankful for the interruption as I wouldn't have to face Lexis. I reply,

"It was a dream,"

"About him?"Keith asks concern and worry in his eyes.

"WHO THE FUCK IS HE?!!!" Lexis shouts out, a range of emotions swirling around his eyes.

"No one" I say. At the same time Lexis asks.

"Your dad?"

"A man that abuses and tries to kill his family should never be called a father but a monster," Keith says.

****
So the big secret or at least part of it is out and more will be explained obviously later but this was a chapter that you may not feel was strong or good and that's okay. This book was inspired by personal experiences(I and others) intertwined with my imagination and twists. This particular chapter was the closest so I tried pushing it time and again not wanting to confront it.So I Tuned out my feelings and wrote it. In future I might rewrite it with feelings but for now, I'd like to continue with just this so bear with its lacking in writing and emotions.
-A