•Eighteen•

Glenn and I had just finished sweeping the small store for supplies, we found some food, clothes and useful things for the baby. We decided to make our way back to the car and put the small baskets filled with supplies in the back.

"We hit the jackpot today." Glenn said softly squeezing my shoulder.

"I Can't wait to get it back home to everyone." I replied smiling back at him.

"And where is it you fine people call home?" I heard an all too familiar voice question us from behind me, I quickly whipped round taking my bow out aiming an arrow straight for his head.

"Merle?" I heard Glenn ask from next to me as he swiftly takes his gun out, aiming it straight for him.

"Holy shit! Can y'all tell me is my brother, is he alive? Where is he?" Merle questioned in disbelief.

"He's fine." Is all Glenn said pushing me behind him.

"Can y'all take me to him?" Merle asked, as if we were that stupid.

"No, you stay here we'll bring Daryl to you." I said firmly eyeing the strange blade that seemed to be attached to his hand.

"Oh you like that? Made it up myself after y'all abandoned me up on that roof in Atlanta." He replied showing it off, smugly. "Now, y'all are gonna take me to my brother and I'm gonna have a talk with Mr sheriff, without y'all making a fuss." He said inching closer to us.

"You stay here!" Glenn raised his voice tightening his grip on his gun.

Merle gave us a sick smile and pulled out his gun firing a shot causing Glenn and I to run for cover behind the car. I slowly walked round the car when suddenly I was grabbed and brought to the ground, Merle holding me down with a knife to my neck.

"Hey, you might wanna get out here or I'm gonna slice up your girlfriends pretty lil face." Merle called back to Glenn

Glenn quickly came out of cover still holding his gun.

"Let her go now!" He shouted pointing his gun towards Merle.

"Put the gun down, or I'll kill her." Merle said firmly pressing the knife to my cheek causing it to bleed and me to let out a yelp of pain.

"Hey, hey don't hurt her okay? Don't hurt her!" Glenn pleaded placing his gun on the ground.

"Now we're going to go for a lil drive okay?" Merle said pushing me towards the car before continuing. "C'mon Glenn you're driving, and don't think about doing anything stupid." He said opening the door and pushing me in.

"We're not going back to our camp." Glenn declared glaring at him.

"No, we're going somewhere better."

***

I had been split up from Glenn and I was being kept in a small room, tied to a chair. There was a large table in the middle and a man with a gun standing by the door.

I knew Glenn was in the room next to mine as I could slightly here him, I decided to try and calm my breathing and listen to their conversation.

"You don't even know why you're here do ya? I didn't mean you no harm, I lowered my gun but you raised yours. You were an asshole out there, just like you were back up on that rooftop in Atlanta. What y'all did... leaving me up there, people wouldn't do that to an animal." I heard Merle say, his voice full off hate.

"We went back for you." Glenn replied calmly.

"Well ain't you thoughtful." Merle said, his words laced with sarcasm.