Chapter 54

[Fact: Originally, I was to upload a special short story of Kira and the Pastas celebrating Christmas on the last holiday, but seeing as it would be weird to put it next to a chapter that basically is a continuation of Kira's first few weeks in the mansion, I decided not to. So, instead I wrote chapter 28. By the way, I did a time skip before you get confused.]

Kira smiled up at the tree, even though she felt incredibly tired for setting it up. She has been told-- countless of times-- to not use her powers on such basic tasks, and preserve her energy for something more important, but she can't help but be rebellious and help setting up the old tree with her powers.

All that's left was the star.

She picked up the heavy ornament. It was the size of a dinner plate. Instead of being yellow or golden, it was silver, with a smooth surface that allows reflection to show.

She caught herself staring at her reflection. The dark circles of her eyes marked the memories of sleepless nights, sometimes being caused by a nightmare, or the CreepyPastas convincing her to stay awake for another hour or more. And her hair, that once reached her jaw, had grown to almost touch her shoulders.

And that smile.

She sighed, smiling, her grip tightening on the star. She'll admit it; escaping was better than letting the scientists dissect her. Back then, a voice, a soft voice, had told her that life has been so cruel to her, and that there's no point living anymore.

Obviously, she didn't agree.

"Hey, are you getting emotional?"

She shook her head, turning to Kiki. The redhead was in the middle of moving the boxes of rhe ornaments out of the way. "No, maybe, I don't know." Kira responded, looking back at the tree.

"Well, you shouldn't be, unless those emotions you're having right now are positive." She remarked, smiling. She fixed her ponytail before standing next to her. Her arm wrapped around her shoulders, giving her a half hug. "But you know, you could cry. You could cry tears of joy, they're the only tears that are awesome."

Kira gave her a look of confusion, urging her to explain.

Kiki smiled brightly, "I mean, you're happy, aren't you?" Kira briefly nodded, making Kiki giggle, "Do you love it here? With us--the killers?"

"Definitely."

"Then, you should know, that we're always here for you 'till the end."

Kira smiled in return, wrapping a free arm around her too. She was filled with utter joy.

"Oh my god! Put it on already! Lesbian love later!" Terra says, folding her arms.

"Oh, come on!" Kiki let's go of Kira, throwing her hands in the air in mock anger, "I almost got her!"

"Can't believe both of you are cheating on your boyfriends." Clockwork enters the room, shaking her head.

Kiki blushed, her pale face turning into a scarlet color. "Callum isn't my boyfriend!"

"Did I say who was supposed to be your boyfriend?" Clockwork cackled, sighing.

Kiki walks out of the room, still bearing a blush as she mutters incoherent words. Kira simply laughed, turning back to the tree. She levitated the heavy star, bringing it to the tip of the tree. Her hand moved as she adjusts the ornament, then smiled at what she had done.

* * *

"Kira, wake up." Jack swept her hair out of her face as he pushes the blanket off of him. The girl only rolled over.

Jack nudged her again, still feeling the blush on his cheeks. He quickly turned around when she finally sat up, yawning. He gritted his teeth at the familiar feeling of hangover.

"When... did we started sleeping in the same bed?"

"I think they got us to get drunk."

Silence followed after that, both of them tending to their hangovers.

"Well, we have our clothes on..." Kira filled the silence, causing Jack to finally turn towards her. She smiled weakly at him, "Your gray skin doesn't hide much," She teased, laughing lowly.

"It's Christmas morning." He said immediately to change the subject. Kira laughed nontheless, and stood up. He took a small box while she wasn't looking. They exited Jack's room, and walked downstairs to the living room. At some point, Jack had intertwined his fingers with hers.

Jack put his mask on as they entered the living room. "Did you guys use protection?" Ben asked with mischief in his eyes. Jack raised his fist and punched his shoulder, making the elf boy whimper and back away.

"That's for getting us drunk." He said as they both sat down on one of the couches.

"This is my first Christmas," he heard Kira say, "and I feel bad that I don't have presents to give."

"That's okay, not everyone here really brings presents," Jack told her, "I guess, the best gifts they could receive here are trust, respect, and kindness."

"Yeah," Kira nodded, "it seems like that," she unconsciously leaned her head against his shoulder, making him tense up a bit, "it fits in with a mansion for infamous people."

"Okay, all of the couples are here, so are the singles," Terra had said, "can we start now? I want to go back to sleep."

* * *

"Thanks, Sally," Kira smiled at the girl and adjusted the flower crown around her head.

Are you just gonna stare at my sister or what? Give it already.

Jack caught her staring at him, and he asked why.

"I just feel Tempus within you." She said with a suspicious look.

I'm caught! Gotta go!

Jack felt him leave his mind, and he sighed. "Turn a little, will you?"

With a curious look, Kira turned a bit in her spot. Jack opened the bag and pulled out a silver necklace with a small letter K. He swung his arms in front of him and wrapped it around her neck, then he locked it closed.

Kira turned back around, her fingers on the letter K. She was flushed red, "Thanks, Jacky."

Jack's lips formed a small smile, and he pulled his mask up. He leaned in and gave Kira a peck on her forehead, "You're welcome."

[I was writing this while I was in a beauty pageant --Ms. Earth Philippines. One of my cousins was in it, and I feel like I didn't support her that much. I am the greatest cousin ever.]