Chapter 19: Bitch

"Belief can be manipulated. Only knowledge is dangerous." ― Frank Herbert

Vicky's POV

"Mom, I'm at Xandrous' house," I sighed. I missed her so much. She sounds so excited when I told her I just arrived.

She's so ecstatic with the news. "Your dad was there, is he?" she asked for confirmation.

I smiled as my naughty side kicks in. "He's not here," I teased.

"HE'S NOT THERE?" she screeched. I stifled the laughter that's about to burst out. "He told me to help bring Zandros back home, that son of a bitch!" she rambles angrily and she gasped as soon as she realizes what she said. "Oh, I'm sorry honey. I didn't mean to curse in front of you. Argh.. " she rambles again and I chuckled. "I'm so going to cut his dick and feed it to whoever he met today, that lying jerk!" mom continued blabbering and I burst out into a fit of laughter.

As soon as I was sobered, I spoke. "Mom, I was just teasing you. Now, I understand why dad was always agitated when he leaves the house and not able to asked permission from you," I chuckled.

Mom sighed. "Oh, that?" she giggles. Then she sighed. "You got my looks, but you totally inherited his character!" mom said in a somewhat disapproving tone and I smiled.

"I'm glad I didn't get your character, mom," I teased again.

"And why is that?" she snarled playfully.

"I'm sure I will be like Elle. Too weak," I giggled. I quickly regretted what I said when the other line fell into silence. "Mom, I'm sorry!" I frantically apologized and I heard her sigh.

"I miss your sister, Vicky. Just as I missed you. I hate it when you guys are away from me. I missed my babies," she sighed again. I felt the deep emotions laced in her voice.

"I'm sure she misses you, too, mom. I'll stay here for two weeks okay? My next photoshoot will be in two weeks, so I can spend the rest of the days with you and dad," I comforted and I could feel her smile.

"Great!" she exclaimed. Though she was happy again, I could still feel that part of her were sad and that's because my sister is still in New York and never called us yet. She sent us Christmas cards and birthday cards, but never actually talk to us.

Christmas is in a month, mom and dad would be sad again. This time of the year, the house never felt the true spirit of Christmas because we are not complete.

I felt terribly guilty again. I was never a good sister to her. A stray tear escaped my eyes. I'm glad Xandrous is in the washroom. Sadness starting to cloth me.

I turn on my side and tucked my hand under the pillow as I talk to my mother. Sadness filled my heart. "Vicky?" mom's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"I'm here, mom."

"Please don't feel guilty again, honey. It's our fault, honey. She'll come back. If she doesn't this Christmas, your dad and I will personally come and bring her home," mom said and I nodded. I force a smile and tried to shook off the guilt feelings nagging me.

"Yes, mom. I want to see her too. I missed her so much," I stifled the sobs that were threatening to burst out by biting my bottom lip.

"I'm sure she already forgave you. There are just some things that we can't control. A trial is a part of our life journey. They shape us," mom said. "Anyway, say hi to your theia Lauren for me, okay? I have to talk to your brother Luke. That kid never fails to give me stress!" mom said gruffly and I chuckled.

"Alright, mom. I love you and see you soon," I said. I smiled when I saw Xandrous walking with just a towel loosely wrapped around his hips, showing his v-shaped. His body is a total perfection. It's like one of Davinci's work.