49

Spider-Thing didn't think as far as to web both Bucky's arms, or both of mine. I opened a portal into the Tower, the weaponry hall, and grabbed a knife from the shelf. I sawed through the web on my left hand, having quite some time, as I was left hand dominant.

Bucky didn't have too much trouble breaking out of his. By the time he was finished, he moved to break Sam out, and I was done, too.

On our feet, I opened a portal to the first place I thought of: the landing strip. We were almost trampled by Steve, Scott, Barton, and Wanda in their sprint to the quinjet.

"Come on!" yelled Steve.

Sam, Bucky, and I fell into step beside our team. It didn't last long.

Vision was the one to stop us from reaching the jet. He floated in from above, using the gem embedded in his forehead to draw a warning line in the concrete to stop our run.

Both Steve's arm and Bucky's flew out to halt my momentum. Steve sent a nod to Bucky; a sign ensure that I was okay.

"Captain Rogers," called Vision from the sky.

In came Tony, Natasha clutching the hand of his suit. Together, they made a soft and graceful landing on the concrete across from us. His mask slid from his face.

"I know what you believe you're doing is right. But for the collective good, you must surrender now," continued Vision.

Rhodey joined the confrontation next. The Black Panther entered in the same fashion Natasha had.

After them, one member was left to join: Spider-Thing. He landed after performing a flip off one of the webs he created.

"What do we do, Cap?" muttered Sam.

Steve's response was immediate. "We fight."

"This is gonna end well," sighed Natasha.

"Spider-Kid's mine," I called.

"Spider-Man, Ms. Sapphire, Spider-Man!" called the boy, throwing a thumbs-up in the air.

"We'll see about that," I winked.

Steve's hand nudged into my thigh. He began walking towards Tony. The team didn't hesitate to follow. I walked slowly, allowing the team to pass by me. I wanted to distance myself for a better view.

"They're not stopping," said Spider-Boy worriedly.

Tony inhaled a quick breath. "Neither are we."

Then, they started sprinting at each other.

I didn't. I stopped immediately, wiggling my fingers, awaiting to open the first of many portals.

Spider-Thing kept to our promise. He aimed straight for me. He was preoccupied jumping across cars that Wanda pushed into the air to divert him.

I leapt through a portal on top of the only exposed plane in the airport.

Spider-Thing managed to escape Wanda's distraction, but he hadn't touched the grounds before I was on him, sending him through portal after portal.

Eventually, the poor boy looked baffled attempting to dodge my portals. I dropped him through a portal, crashing him into the ground face first. I jumped through a portal of my own, pinning him to the concrete.

"I like you, Spider-Kid. What's your name?" I chuckled.

The kid bent his knee into my back. I lost my grip. He flipped our bodies, straddling me, and pinning my hands.

"What good's a secret identity if people know?" he challenged. "And it's Spider-Man."

"Good strategy," I said.