14. Just One Night

"Hello love."

You have got to be kidding me. I turned and there he was, a beautiful smile on a beautiful face. I mentally shook myself. Stop it Jennifer, I thought to myself. This was the man that had destroyed the lives of everyone around him.

Suddenly Damon was standing in front of me, a growl escaping his mouth. "What do you want?" he barked at Nik. Nik just laughed at Damon, as if he found him unthreatening and laughable. I put my hand on Damon's arm and pushed him out of the way. I was grateful... and a little bit flattered... that he wanted to protect me, but I could deal with this on my own. Well I hoped I could. I stepped closer to Nik, who smiled down at me. It almost looked like a genuine smile, but I knew better,

"What do you want Klaus?"

He looked surprised by the tone of my voice and the name I used. I continued on, "Yes, I know who you are. I don't know what game you are trying to play with me, but it's not going to work. So you might as well leave me alone."

Something flickered across his face, I could have sworn it was hurt. But then he was towering over me, anger on his face.

"Oh sweetheart, you have no idea who I am and the games I can play. Be seeing you soon."

The way he said that sent a shiver up my spine as I watched him walk away. I couldn't tear my eyes from his retreating form until I felt someone pull on my arm. I swung round and found myself staring into Damon's worried eyes.

"Jennifer, are you ok?" his eyes were searching mine.

I nodded my head, "Yeah I'm fine. I just wish I knew what he was playing at."

I forced a smile onto my face as I turned back to the group. "Come on, I believe I was about to beat Damon."

My heart was racing, but I played it cool, not realising that Caroline, Stefan, Damon and Tyler could hear every beat of my heart. They, thankfully, would put it down to fear of Klaus. Of course I was still pretty distracted, I potted the black, and while I was smirking at Damon the white ball kept on rolling and followed the black into the pot. Automatic loss. I stared in disbelief at the table, I never lose at pool.

Damon grabbed my arm lightly pulling me towards the bar.

"Come on," he urged, "Loser buys the drinks."

Laughing I let myself be pulled. I ordered two whiskeys and instead of bringing them back to the table we sat at the bar. Neither one of us spoke for a moment, then Damon broke the silence,

"Seriously Jenn, are you ok? I've been on the receiving end of Klaus' games before, we all have. If you need to talk about anything I'm here..."

Ok, don't judge me, and I know it's a cliché, but as I looked up at Damon I knew how to get Nik off my mind. I smiled up at him, part of me knew I would probably regret my actions tomorrow, but the rest of me was thinking about release. I had to get Nik out of my head. I just kept seeing his face every time I closed my eyes.

I put my hand on Damon's arm and smirked, "Actually, if you want to head back to yours we could... talk... a bit more."

I let the implication lie there for a second. I could see him connect the dots from what I was saying to what I actually meant.

"Cool," he said, his voice becoming husky, "I'll just go grab my jacket."

I asked him to grab mine as well. I had a feeling Caroline or Elena would try and talk me out of it, and I couldn't exactly tell them the reason I was doing it. I could see Damon say something to Stefan, Caroline's head quickly spun in my direction, but I held my hand up and shook my head. She looked like she still wanted to come over to me but I gave her my best 'don't dare try and stop me' look.

At that stage Damon was back with our jackets and we headed out to my car. Damon started to give me directions to his house, but I knew where the Salvatore Boarding house was. Everyone in Mystic Falls did.

Half an hour later we were in the library of his house, he was pouring the drinks as I turned on some music. We sat on the sofa closest to the fireplace, Damon was watching me.

"So..." he was obviously waiting to see what I would do. I lowered my drink, took his out of his hand and lowered it as well. He watched me as I put the empty glasses on the side table. I turned back to him, his eyes never left my body. I could see the lust in his eyes and knew mine mirrored his.

I climbed on top of him, straddling his legs and put my hands either side of head, resting on the back of the couch. He leaned forward to kiss me but I pulled back slightly,

"One night," I warned him, "That's it."

He nodded and that was all I needed. I crashed my lips down on his, his hands went round my waist pulling me closer. I moved my head, kissing along his jaw and to his neck, I couldn't help the smile on my lips as I heard him moan my name. I reached down and ripped his shirt open, rubbing my hands down his chest. 

I gasped as, in the blink of an eye, he had me pinned up against a wall. I wrapped my legs around his waist as his tongue invaded my mouth. I pulled back enough to mutter 'bedroom' against his mouth, and using his vampire speed he had us there in a flash.

*******************************