Plans For Boston

“This is ridiculous” Mom said as soon as the door slammed shut with the departure of Mr. Campbell.

“Jayson, my office, now” Dad said as he turned and left for his study. I groaned and followed Dad.

I shut the door behind me when I reached his study. Dad was standing near the window.

“Jayson, I am not going to question you decision but I am worried son. Don’t you think you are taking this way to fast?”

“I love Kate”

“You have only known her for less a week”

“You didn’t even know mom”

“That is different.”

“How is it any different than what you feel for mom? I love her and I am going to stick by her side.  She needs me right now.”

“I have known Andrew most of my life. My only advice to you is being careful.” Dad said and left the study.

Great.

“Kate” I called out as I came back downstairs.

She was sitting with Mom in the living room.

“I have some work. I will be back” I said as I headed outside.

I had a few things that needed to be sorted out.

First of all was to get a house in Boston. I lived in a penthouse which I shared with my friend and classmate, Chase.  Now that Kate was coming with me, I was going to move out.

I headed towards the real estate dealer’s office. He was an old friend of dad.

I stepped inside and asked for Mr. Clark at the reception.

“Please come this way, Mr. Reynolds”

I was guided to Mr. Clark’s office.

“Hello Jayson.” Mr. Clark greeted me when I stepped inside his office.

“Hello” I shook his hand and sat down across from him.

“So what brings you here today?”

“I want to look into houses in Boston”

“When are you planning on buying?”

“Right now.”

Mr. Clarke cleared his throat and adjusted his spectacle.

“Well, let me look into it.”

“No problem.”

A few minutes later he turned the laptop towards me with various files with pictures and information of houses.

“I am not looking for a mansion.” I said laughing as I looked at the property he had presented to me.

He opened another folder.

“These houses are single story.”

I opened one folder and the read the information. It was perfect.

It was as single story house with one master bedroom and two guestrooms. Its location was perfect. I immediately liked it.

“I will purchase this one.” I said.

“Okay. We can plan a tour by tomorrow. I will tell my partner in Boston to meet you so you can take tour.” 

“I am buying it right now.”

Mr. Clark looked at me with a shocked expression.

“I would suggest you look into it. It is real estate not---“

“I would like to buy it now.”

An hour later I walked out with the property papers signed in my name.

I called up Chase and movers and asked them to shift my belongings to that house. I also called up an interior designer and asked her to have the house furnished. She asked for two days.  I agree; we could move in day after.

I went back home.

“I am back” I said as I entered the foyer.

“You were gone for so long. Mrs. Reynolds has gone to office with Mr. Reynolds”

“Some things needed my attention” I said as I pulled her towards me and hugged her close. “You don’t have to worry about anything. I am here for you” I said as I kissed the top of her head.

“I am so confused” She said pulling back

“About what?”

“All of this what is happening right now in my life”

“Let me ask you one thing”

“Yes?”

“Are you sure about your feelings for me?”

“Of course I am. I love you. Even though it is the most insane thing right now but somehow it is the only thing that feels normal.”

“Good because rest all will sort itself out. I guess love at first sight does happen”

“Followed by loads of family drama”

“Perfect recipe for a successful soap opera”

She threw back her head and laughed and God, did I love that sight. She looked so beautiful and radiant.

“How about some lunch?” I asked as picked her up bridal style and deposited her on the stool next to the kitchen island.

“Suree”

I whipped up some chicken sandwiches and sat down to have lunch.

“You were going to start college here?”

“Yes. I have completed my bachelors in fine arts. I want to finish an interactive course so I could get my teaching license.”

“So you want to become an art professor?”

“Yes”

“How long is that progaramme?”

“One year.”

“You can join one in Boston. I also have a year left. This way we can be together as well.”

“I can always look into it”

“Rest is up to you. Whatever you do want to do, I am with you.”

“Thank you”

“I love you”