22: Date Night

I walked into the house with full expectation of everyone being asleep because it's five in the morning, but there was someone in the kitchen

   I walked into the house with full expectation of everyone being asleep because it's five in the morning, but there was someone in the kitchen. "I'm home." I said at a normal tone, catching the attention of whoever was in the kitchen. I assumed it was Jenna or Alaric, but it was John. "What the hell?" I watched as he walked into the hallway just before the kitchen.

   "Hey, Blair. I thought Stefan told me you wouldn't be back for a few days?" John asked calmly as he wiped the flour from his hands onto his shirt.

   I dropped my bag onto the floor near the stairs and walked towards him as he returned into the kitchen, "yeah, the trip was cut short." I say confused as I walked into the kitchen as well. "Why are you here?"

   "Nobody told you?" I shook my head as John stirred a pancake mixture into a bowl, "when Stefan went looking for Isobel, he found me instead. He didn't realize I'd be helpful."

   "How have you been helpful?" I squinted, sitting at the table, watching John pour small amounts of the mixture onto the hot griddle. "I doubt you making breakfast counted as helpful in Stefan's eyes."

   John let out a little laugh, "no. I know about the originals, or just how to kill one."

   "What? We aren't planning on killing Elijah!" My eyebrows furrowed as I stood back up, "he's here to help us!"

   "You think he's really going to kill his own brother?" John shook his head as he started chopping up strawberries. "The originals are loyal to their blood, Blair. I believe Elijah when he say he wants Klaus dead, but when it comes down to it, they are family. The only one who will be dead at the end of the day is Elena."

   "I think he's an honest man, someone who is true to his word. Klaus may be his blood, but Elijah said he would kill him, and I believe he will." I huff, brows still furrowed. John looked up at me, still chopping fruit.

   "Okay, say he is being truthful to Elena and the rest of you right now, but if he changes his mind and wants his brother alive, we need to know how to protect ourselves." John said, not paying attention to his knife when he moved slightly and cut his finger. John's eyes immediately looked down at the trickle of blood coming out. "Do you have any bandaids?" He looked up at me again, his eyes growing wide when he seen the veins under mine. "Blair?"

   I shook my head, taking a deep breath. "I guess Stefan didn't tell you about this." The veins going away after another deep breath. "The bandaids are in the cupboard by the fridge, second shelf."

John was hesitate to move for a second but eventually walked to the cupboard. He wrapped the bandaid around the cut then focused back on me. "How long?" He asked, "how long have you been a vampire?"