Chapter 23

I sulked back in my seat as Caleb chose the aisle seat next to mine. I wish I picked the window seat now. 

Luke gave me a confused expression and looked at the source of my unpleasant feeling. He automatically sulked in his seat too because he knew about what happened with Caleb and obviously how I felt about Charlie.

"If you want to move seats, we can," he said to me but I shook my head. I didn't want to come across that I was a vulnerable target because then that would definitely set me up for whatever rude thoughts they had to say to me.

"No it's fine. I'm going to just going to take a nap and hope that they leave me be for the ride."

"That sounds like a good plan. Oh, did you ever get your rooming situation figured out? Ashton mentioned it during practice the other day."

"Yeah. Mr. Eidinger told me this morning."

"Oh that's good. Who is it?" He asked.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, mouthing Charlie to him. His eyes lit up with amusement.

"Oh god," he mumbled, trying to keep from bursting into laughter.

"It's not funny!" I said, biting my lip to keep from joining him.

"It kind of is if you think about it. Her of all people? What luck you have," he teased.

I shook my head and giggled. "Be quiet. I'm taking a nap."

He chuckled. "Sleep tight, Jules," he said and I rested my head back and fell asleep.

When I woke up, I found myself leaning my cheek resting on Luke's shoulder whilst his rested on my head.

I slowly pulled myself out of the comfortable positions we were in, thankfully not waking him up and grabbed my phone to check the time. It was only nine in the morning and we still had another endless amount of hours on this bus.

I went in my inbox to find a message from Ashton.

From: Youre boyfriend:D x @8:26 AM
"i cant wait for you to get back. i miss u already:("

Reply to: Youre boyfriend:D x @9:12 AM
"i miss you too. charlie and caleb are sitting in the aisle next to mine. h e l p  m e D:"

I turned my phone off and pulled out my non-signed version of  A Fault In Our Stars and read it. I could never get tired of it. I each time I read it, I always got the same butterflies, tears and heart pounds like it was my first time seeing those pages and reading those lines.

"You still read that book?" I heard a voice say. I glanced over and saw Caleb leaning his arm against the arm rest, facing me.

I rolled my eyes and turned my focus back to the book. "Yup," I said shortly.

"Are you seriously still mad at me?" He smirked. Cale never took situations seriously between us. If anything, he probably never thought we'd go this long without talking. I did miss him but what he said about Ashton just using me to get in my pants really pissed me off.

"Yup," I said again. Just focus on Augustus and Hazel, I told myself.

"Why? It's obvious you already found yourself someone new," he said. That got my attention. I snapped my head up and looked at him.

"What?" I said, trying to keep from sounding as pissed as I was. Caleb nodded over at Luke who was leaning against the window, his mouth slightly open as he slept. To be honest, he looked beautiful and completely flawless. I turned back to Caleb and shook my head vigorously. "Nooo no no no. Luke is not my boyfriend. Things with Ashton and me are still going well."