20- Mr. Bumblebee

After the long and tiring evening with Arden, I had a rather unsettling night that was marred with nightmares from my past. I saw him and I once again saw those cold walls that were almost as torturous as the whips that were cracked against my skinny body if I happened to look 'him' in the eye.

When I woke up from the nightmare it was already morning and my heart filled with dread as my mother who was fairly superstitious used to say that dreams seen after sunrise often came true. But that wasn't a dream, it was more of a memory.

Warm hands once again wrapped around my waist and I took in a long breath. His sudden excessive touching after the awkward first kiss was was unwillingly welcomed because of the comfort it brought and over the last few days I found myself finding the smallest excuse to have some form of contact with him. .

"I felt the dread you felt Little Rogue, and I'm feeling your fright." Arden whispered into my ear.

"I'm not afraid." I said and turned to face him. The pillow wall was no use since it was often kicked off the bed by my ever active legs.

"Rose, please. These nightmares that you have are troubling my wolf and I. We need you to tell us what we have to protect you against."

I didn't say anything and I could feel my silence riling him up.

"Find me when you want to share." He got up abruptly and left the room, banging the door on his way out.

...

"We are having your official ceremony to make you a part of the pack and the Luna in the evening." Arden's voice sounded from behind me when I was attempting to read a book. It was tough for me since I had no proper education and all the basic language writing skills were from what my mother could teach me in the dark dungeon. I hid the book under the pillow on my lap that I used to raise the level of it.

Arden's eyes immediately went to the pillow narrowed.

"Tonight?" I asked a little breathlessly.

"It's full moon. As a Luna your introduction into the pack would be auspicious tonight." He paused. "What are you hiding?" I could hear the hurt in his voice.

An embarrassed blush coloured my cheeks as I showed him the children's book that I had found lying in the television room.

"Hey, I have read fairy tales too you know. If you want novels then there's a library a little way down the road, I can get someone to get you a few." Arden smiled amused, but his smile faltered when he saw my eyes slightly watery. "Little Rogue, why are you crying?"

"I am not reading this to refresh memories, Arden. I am reading a toddler's picture book because I never had an opportunity to. I cannot read." My voice went low in the end and I was seated in his lap in a jiffy. His hands started to stroke my hair gently and I felt even more sorrowful remembering my mothers nurturing hands.

We sat there in that position in silence for a long time before I heard Arden's deep voice narrating some sort of story. I raised my head to see him holding the book in his hands and moving a finger under each word he read, pronounced fully and slowly.

"Mr. Bumblebee was a very busy man."

I looked at Arden whose concentration was directed onto the book.

"He would go to work in the morning and come back in the night."

My eyes were looking at his shifting grey ones.

"Mrs. Bumblebee asked him to get a flower for Baby Bee."

I heard the sweet words flow out of Arden's mouth in his usual husky tone.

"Mr. Bumblebee forgot."

I turned my body in his direction.

"Baby Bee cried the whole night."

I observed the shape of his perfectly straight nose.

"Mr. Bumblebee was very sorry."

I remembered the taste of his beautiful pink lips.

"Baby Bee forgave his father."

Those were the last words that I let Arden speak before my mouth found his. Unlike our first kiss, this wasn't a short peck. The moment my lips touched his he gasped and his hands held my back whereas mine wound around his strong neck.

The temperature in my body at once went up by a hundred degrees and I was grateful that I was sitting because otherwise my jelly legs would have caused me an embarrassing fall.

I felt his tongue probing my mouth gently and I parted my lips enough to let him progress our kiss into a French one.

This was my first kiss that involved tongues, but with Arden I wasn't scared of messing up. He dominated me and for the first time, I let him.

It felt like we were kissing for hours when I was sure it hadn't even been a minute.

We parted and I looked at him with a soft smile on my face.

"Thank you." I said a little breathlessly.

I didn't know what more to say, but then again, neither did he. We both just sat staring at each other till his already lust filled eyes went a little unfocused and I realized that he was mind linking someone.

"I have to go and help with something in the pack, so how about you come with me now and we'll continue the story of the Bumblebee family later?" Arden smiled.

I got up from his lap and together we went to help with whatever the pack needed. As an Alpha and a Luna.

-----*-----

Okay, is it just me or was Arden extremely cute in this chapter!

My rank was #47 in the werewolf list!

Thank you my angelic readers, you'll make my day

Chapter dedication to libbyluver14 for suggesting the ship name Rarden

#TeamRarden