CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Paisley Redmond P.O.V

"Do you need something else?" I asked the boys as they happily ate their portion of chicken strips.

They shook their head in negative and resumed talking amongst themselves.

"Kyle, is it fine if I don't come to the firm tomorrow?" I asked him taking a sip of my water.

"Of course! It's your firm, love, you wanna come or you don't is absolutely fine. I have no issues and there is no need for you to ask for my permission again." He said looking up from his plate.

"I do need your permission, Kyle. I am working there as an employee, like the rest. I don't want any special treatment just because I am your wife." I told him seriously meaning every word.

"Then don't be a regular employee anymore, be a member of the board." Kyle said.

"I just said I will not accept any special treatment, babe. I don't deserve that position. When I work hard enough for it, that is the time I won't mind being there." I told taking a bite of my lamb.

"Fine. I should have kept in mind your ethics first, before suggesting this." Kyle said chuckling.

I just shook my head with a smile and continued eating.

"Aunt Paiwsley?" Brandon called.

"Yes, baby? Do you need something?" I asked him.

"Can I talk to mommy?" He asked making me clueless as to what to answer him.

"Brandon, mommy is sleeping right now. When she wakes up I'll make you talk to her, okay?" I said looking in Kyle's direction for help.

"You call her and she will wake up." He said.

"Buddy, she is tired and sleeping right now. If we call her, she'll get disturbed and we don't want to do that, right?" Kyle said trying to convince Bradon.

"No." He said.

"Then we'll talk to her later, cool?" Kyle asked for conformation.

"Yes." He mumbled and went back to eating.

..................................

After dinner the kids were off to sleep and Kyle and I retired back to our room.

Once inside the room I straight away head over to the bathroom for my shower.
After I was done with my shower, I dried up myself and wore my favourite PJ's and walked out.

"Paisley, I was thinking about going on a vacation. Just you and me." Kyle said as I came to bed.

"Just you and me? Where will the kids stay and when are you planning this?" I asked him.

"After Melissa is fine. The kids can stay with one of your or my friends, if that's okay with them. Else, we can call mom here?" Kyle said.

"Kyle, I haven't ever left the boys for days ever. I am not used to staying without them and neither are they. If we really want to go, then we all should go together." I explained.

"That's the whole point. Even if we are back together now, we still haven't got anytime for ourselves. Both of us, really need time away from everything. We need time only for ourself." He said.

"I am not really sure." I told him nerveous about leaving the boys.

"It's okay, take your time. We can go after a month or two, if you want." He coaxed.

"Okay. Let's just see how the boys settle here. If they will be fine, then we'll go. Fair?" I asked him. Trying to close the matter for time being.