The Hound's Defender (Sandor Clegane x fem!Baratheon reader x brother!Joffrey)

You took a deep breath through your nose and resisted the urge to roll your eyes as your younger brother continued carrying on. Why on earth anyone would name Joffrey king was beyond you. You were the eldest and, while it was true you were a woman, you knew you would have made a better ruler than your sadistic brother. Instead, he made you part of the Small Council, at your mother's urging and much to your dismay. The only plus side was the time you got to spend with the one person in the Keep you could stand being around for more than five minutes. The Hound.

Sandor was different than most men. He hardly spoke, but when he did it was always crude. Most people would call him crass or rude, but you saw it as truthful. Even then, he knew how to play the game. He was cunning and ruthless. You liked that about him. No one saw the man for who he really was, though and that bothered you. They only saw the scarred and disfigured face of a brutal killer. They commented on it regularly, especially Joffrey. Normally, you let it slide when Joffrey made disparaging comments about Sandor, but this morning was different.

Joffrey had summoned you and your uncle Tyrion. Sandor, as always was at his side. You gave him a soft smile before taking your seat to Joffrey's right. As usual, Sandor didn't respond. Once Tyrion was seated, Joffrey began speaking. Not really keen on hearing his voice, you began to tune him out. You'd become an expert at pretending to listen since Joffrey had been crowned. This time, however, Joffrey said something you couldn't ignore. It was as if he was trying to catch you not listening.

"What say you, Hound? Perhaps I'll give you my sister as a reward for winning the tourney on my name day. She's a pretty little thing and I'm certain she wouldn't mind you screwing her like the dog you are," he said, cackling at his own joke. Tyrion gasped and Sandor was standing there, mouth agape in shock. Without missing a beat, you reached across the short space between you and Joffrey and slapped him. "How dare you?! There is nothing that gives you the right to speak that way about me or about Sandor! I do not care that you are the king, you will apologize this instant Joffrey Baratheon or so help me, I will knock you into next week," you threatened. One look at your face and Joffrey could tell you meant business.

With wide eyes, Joffrey turned and muttered an apology to Sandor. He looked back at you and Tyrion before saying in a high and scared voice, "You're dismissed." He got up and left the room. Tyrion glanced at you. "You do realize he is probably off to tattle to my dear sister, don't you?" he asked you and you nodded. "I am aware, but I really couldn't care less, Uncle." Tyrion chuckled at you and walked away, leaving you alone with Sandor.

Nothingwas said for a few minutes, but you finally decided to speak. "Are youalright? You're being even less talkative than usual." He closed his mouthand looked at you, the shock still in his eyes. "Why did ya do that?"You stood up and walked over to him. "Because Joffrey should not have saidany of that. He had no right to even suggest such a thing," you said asyou turned to walk away. When you reached the door, you looked back at him overyour shoulder and said, "For what it's worth, I don't think you're a dogat all. I think you are a kind and brave man that deserves so much more." Youplaced your fingers to your mouth and blew Sandor a kiss before leaving astunned Hound alone in the middle of the room. T<