Chapter 55.5

SO COLD  

SO COLD  

Oscar didn't seek permission. He forced my legs apart, putting a knee between mine so I couldn't slam my legs together again. His hips were pressed against mine and I could feel his unwelcomed erection against me. "Let me have you," he growled lowly against my ear, his breathing was slow and steady and it tickled the hairs on my neck. Not in a good way.

I didn't return his affections. My spine was stiff and my limbs were tensed and I couldn't relax. The urge to flee was overpowering and violent thoughts demanded for criminal acts against him. I wanted to crack his skull against the cold white tiles of the kitchen floor. Cruelly. Repeatedly. Until his head was mushy and caved in. "I told you once, I won't tell you again. No." My voice was hard.

His hand curled and tightened around the back of my neck. His heavy-lidded, greenish-blue gaze was burning with greed. He couldn't conceal nor control his animalistic hunger and he didn't care to. It frightened me how little discipline he had over his desires. In this moment, he was a man without chains. "Cole won't find out if you don't want him to, Shay. Say yes."

"I said," I spoke slowly, arm twisted behind me, fingers wrapping around the cool glass he had set down moments ago, "No!"

With sudden speed, he caught my wrist as I raised my arm, intending to smash and shatter the glass over his head. His expression twisted, enraged. His hold felt like a death grip. His eyes darkened, voice a low hiss. "You were going to fucking hit me? What do you think would've happened, Shay? I'm stronger and bigger than you. I could snap your fucking neck and you'd be dead before you hit the floor. Try that shit again and I'll beat your ass until its red and you're squirming on my lap. I'll have you squirting in my palm out of humiliation as I finger fuck you afterwards. Is that what you want?"

"I swear to fucking god," I rumbled, chest heaving with rage, "if you don't get the FUCK away from me, I'll rape* your fucking throat with a pistol."

"Lower your voice, there's no need to bark," he back-stepped, wiping his expression clean with a rugged hand. He was now cool, calm and collected with a serious, watchful gaze. "Stay put, Shay. You're not leaving this house. Not today."

"Like hell," I detonated, hot-tempered.

He interrupted, moving to stand in the doorway, arms crossed. "I mean it, baby. Cole called me before you got here. I'm to put you under house arrest for however long is necessary while he goes...ah, I shouldn't say."

"Tell me."

"You don't need to know,"

I swung my arm, knocking the whiskey bottle to the floor. It crashed loudly, breaking into wet diamonds. Liquid sloshed over my jeans, wetting the denim. "Tell me!"

"Relax," his gaze dropped to the broken bottle, unbothered by my explosive fit of rage, "he's heading to the airport. He's going to Culebra where his mother lives. He hopes it'll be a short visit, it might not be which is why he asked me to keep an eye on you – which is great for me, all I ever do is imagine you naked under me, writhing as I fuck you,"

"Fucking creep," my anger shifted from the man before me and fixed on Cole. "Why didn't he tell me? When did he arrange this visit?"

"An hour ago when you found the dogs and the message on the doll. It was sudden. There was no planning to this trip. While he's away, you'll be staying with me. Irvin, too – whenever he gets back. It'll be fun. You don't need to look so upset."

"I'm not staying with you."

"There is no argument to be had about this, you don't have a choice," he said, overbearingly forward. "I have a guest room you can sleep in. Take it or don't. I'll be sleeping on the coach in case you try to leave. I just want you to know I'm a very light sleeper. You try to run and I'll give chase. It's as simple as that. Let's not make any rash, stupid decisions that'll make our lives hell. If we can get on like a house on fire, it'll be great because we have a lot of work to do. I've been set the glorious task of finding your father. I have a lot of names I need to go through with with you and I need your help since you know him best. But not today. We'll start bright and early tomorrow morning. What do you say?"

"Fuck off," I snarled, "I can find him on my own. I don't need your help. I'm going to call Cole. He's a jealous, easily-angered man. How long do you think it'll take for him to turn around once I tell him of your confessions of love? I give it a couple of hours." I taunted him.

He flashed a smile although there was no warmth behind the expression and rubbed the corner of his mouth with a thumb, eyes ablaze and relentless. "Let me make one thing very clear to you, Shay. And listen carefully. I'll only tell you this once. If Cole tries to take you away from me, things won't be good for any of us. I'll take you away from everyone you know, I'll pack your clothes up and we'll leave this country. Sweden's a beautiful place at this time of the year, wouldn't you agree?" He dropped the smile, pinning me to the spot with his cold stare. He threatened with intention to carry out his promises. "Keep quiet and don't test me. If you push me too far, I'll bring you over the edge with me. You got that, baby?"

**