Chapter 66: Fearful Danger

Monday 12th, October

(Y/n) seemed more at ease as she could finally walk around the compound without the looming threat that the bruises would be discovered by the rest of the household. As she walked down to the stairs, she noticed the intellectual at the entrance of the house, seemingly waiting for another person's presence. "Ah! (Y/n), I was hoping you would come." The girl gave the boy full regard as she went up to receive his news. "Ryo, Alex and I will be going to school today. Since I want to keep Alex and Jin away from each other for now." He whispered out the last sentence, mindful over any passing ears that might over hear their conversation. "So I'll be leaving you with Ren, Jin and Bako for today. You think you'll be alright?" He gave her a concerned look before she nodded in agreement over the choice, appreciating that her two assailants won't be bothering her for the day.

"Yeah, thank you." The boy gingerly patted her head in a comforting manner and shot her a quick, relieving smile.

"You're welcome. Ryo and Alex went ahead of me so I'll be going now. I'll see you after school." The pair waved their goodbyes to one another, leaving the girl to her own resources.

(Y/n) began making her way up the stairs to her room, finding no other distraction on the first floor. Near the top of the stairs, a realisation came to mind as she slightly veered off her original destination and quickly walked to the musician's room. She gently knocked against the door before retracting and awaiting for the person to answer.

Ren appeared out of his room moments later, taking the girl by surprise at his worn done appearance. The dark circles under his tired eyes were saturated in their ebony tint, and even his skin seemed unhealthily frail. "Ren, are you alright?" The boy seemed to not haven noticed the girl's presence until she spoke out, and gave a flimsy smile to greet her.

"Since you came to visit me by your own free will, I'm more than happy." The female nodded, still holding a suspicious gaze towards the boy.

"You look tired, have you been able to sleep lately?" The female inspected his fatigued appearance and noticed the boy having trouble even standing upright.

"Well, not exactly. I've been having nightmares for a while now so I guess it's really been tiering me."

"Nightmares?" The girl tilted her head to the side at the reasoning, before the boy gave her a lamenting look and a saddened smile.

"Just some bad memories..." (Y/n) quickly realised what the deeper meaning behind the explanation was and scratched her head in discomfort for her intrusion.

"Oh, sorry...wait, those sleeping pills you gave me." She shot the male a surveying gaze before he shrugged off the hypothesis.

"It's alright, you can keep them. I know how nerve wracking it must be to be in the environment you are in." However, the female shook her head in heavy guilt at the strain she had unintentionally put the male through, without even taking the boy's helping hand.

"But Ren, if you're seriously losing this much sleep, I'll give your pills back-" The girl was silenced as a finger was placed gently to her lips as a sign to hush her protest.

"Don't worry yourself about me. I'll go buy another bottle today anyway." The female sighed with slight ease until another concern came into mind.

"You're going out?" Ren nodded at her inquiry before tenderly positioning a hand to her waist and applied gentle pressure to leads her down the corridor along with himself.

"I'm taking Jin to the hospital today since that cut was way too deep for me to properly inspect. I managed to stop the b...bleeding, but he needs stitches and a proper analysis." He exhaled his nerves out before stopping in front of a door and knocking against it.