first date • kelly oubre jr.

Your resistance to sadness is futile but
You're a fighter, can't stand defeat
You're a magician at hiding the hurt from you
But I see and I hear you
Loud as a bomb
Wanting a shoulder to cry on

Fly Before You Fall~Cynthia Erivo

------------------

"Kamaria, let me in, please," Kelly begged leaning against her door.

Kamaria stood from her couch and let Kelly in, she didn't try to hide the fact that she was crying.

"Baby, are you okay?" He asked, sitting next to her on the couch.

She shook her head and leaned over on his chest, crying even more.

"It'll be all right, Kamaria. Nick wasn't good for you anyways," he assured her and rubbed her back.

Kelly was best friends with Kamaria, and she'd always been in a relationship with Nick. Kelly never liked Nick, and didn't hide it at all.

Kelly and Kamaria met because of Kelly's mom. They'd both moved into a new town, and he was new at the high school. His mother were longtime friends with Kamaria's parents, and she'd introduced them both to each other.

Kelly kissed the top of her head, and thought to himself. He'd always had a crush on her, and he tried his best to hide that from her. Now that Nick was out of the way, Kelly could make his move.

"Why don't you get up and get dressed, hm? I'll take you to get a milkshake." He smiled at her.

She looked up at him with those big brown eyes that he loved so much. "Thank you, Kells," she smiled sadly and got up from his grasp.

Kamaria threw on a pair of light wash jeans rolled at the ankles, and one of Kelly's warm up jackets. She stared at herself in the mirror, and was upset with herself for forgiving Nick once again.

This wasn't the first time Kelly had rushed over, dropping everything he was doing to go be with her and console her. Kamaria appreciated having Kelly in her life, and she wanted him with her for forever.

"You ready to go?" Kelly asked, grabbing her hand.

"I look terrible," she replied rubbing her eyes.

"You're still gorgeous as ever, just a little upset is all," he said wiping a tear that remained on her face.

Kamaria linked her fingers through his, and they both made their way out of Kamaria's apartment.

----------------------

"You like your milkshake?" Kelly asked, munching on the french fries he'd bought.

Kamaria nodded, she was glad that Kelly got her out of the house. Being around him always lightened her mood.

"Thank you for bringing me here, Kelly," Kamaria said, and she sipped on her chocolate milkshake some more.

"No problem, you know I'd do anything for you." He replies, placing a hand on her knee.

"I know and you've proved that you are very loyal, and I appreciate you so much, Kelly."

Hearing those words made Kelly smile, and he felt happy to hear them coming from Kamaria. She was his everything and she didn't even know it.

"Hey, Kels, I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I'll be right back," she got up and walked away from the table to the ladies room.

Kelly wanted to ask her out, but he was beyond nervous. They'd been through so much together, he just felt it was meant for them to be with each other.

He sighed heavily, and ran his fingers through his hair. This was Kamaria, he could tell her anything and he shouldn't be nervous at all. Kelly never had problems getting a girl to go out with him, but for some reason he just felt different about Kam.

He watched as she walked back to the table and sat closer next to him in the booth. Her mood had definitely changed from an hour ago.

"Kam, can I tell you something?" Kelly asked nervously.

"Yeah, anything, Kels."

Kelly gazed into those brown eyes and cupped the side of her face with one hand. "I really like you, Kamaria. I know you just got out of a relationship, but being here with you right now just made me really realize how much I like you."

Kamaria was shocked, and she had absolutely no idea what to say. "Kelly, that's sweet and all, but if our relationship doesn't work out I don't want it to ruin our friendship."

"Kamaria, I won't hurt you. Please just give me a chance, and you'll see." He begged, licking his lips.

Kamaria, pondered over his words for a moment, and she finally nodded her head.

"Yes, Kelly. I never knew how much you liked me, I thought it was always kind of just me who had a crush."

"Well, let's just count this as our first date. I don't want to forget this."

"It was perfect, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way."

------------------------

KreativeKam

I really hoped you like this, and I want to thank all of you for being so patient with these!

❤️❤️