Disrespect

We walked in the big door and Tori said, "You'll know why I hate my family by the end of the night." I whipped my head to look at her and she mysteriously smiled at me. I'm not so sure about this now.

I looked around the house and noticed how beautiful and so him it is. I looked out the window and saw the most beautiful view. He definitely bought this house for the view. No doubt.

Tori and I came across a huge living room, it's bigger than my entire apartment. And again another beautiful view.

"They are right in here." Tori said before we turned the corner to yet another room. I took a deep breath and followed Tori in.

"Look who I found." Tori blurted out to everyone in the dining room. All eyes were on me. His whole family was here. His 2 sisters and Tori with his 2 brothers and I think the older woman is his mom. They were staring at me with confusion. They are all so beautiful and handsome. Oh god! I hate the attention.

"Who's she?" One of his sisters said, her voice filled with disgust.

I tried looking for Austin but he was nowhere to be found.

"Umm.."

"What can't you talk?" The other sister said.

I turned to look at Tori for some help since I can't even think of words at the moment.

"This is Austin's girlfriend."

"You're kidding me right." His mom said with a chuckle.

Finally Austin walked in. I let out my held breath.

"Oh Averey your here." Everyone looked at him. "Uh this is Averey everyone." My heart dropped. What?! That's it. That's all he's going to say!

He just sat down on one of the couches to let me suffer even more. He didn't even notice how scared and disrespected I felt. I know my face showed it.

"Dear this young lady says she's your girlfriend." His mother I presume said to him.

"We've been seeing each other." He just shrugged it off and took a swig of his wine. Still not even giving me eye contact.

WE'VE BEEN SEEING EACH OTHER!? THAT'S IT AUSTIN! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO INTRODUCE ME AS YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!

His mom looked at me for a minute and a slow smile crossed her face. She then came towards me and walked in a circle around me to scrutinize me.

"Oh this will never do. I mean look at her she's so fat with that awful big butt. Your butt looks like it's going to come popping out of that short dress. Do you eat all day girl?" She laughed again. "Austin where did you meet this girl? On the streets?"

"Um she's my assistant." All of the sudden a hoot of laughter erupted.

"Damn brother mixing business with pleasure. Oh wait I know what's going on guys he's just using this girl and then by next week she's gone and forever forgotten. Am I right?" One of his brothers said still laughing. More laughter. I felt like a joke.

They were talking like I wasn't even in the room. I wanted to cry right then and there. My face turned red with embarrassment and my eyes filled with tears. I looked at Austin and he was looking at me with sadness in his eyes but he still wasn't saying anything to his rude ass family! He's supposed to stand up for me. Everyone was laughing except for Tori. At least someone was on my side.

"Did you actually think we would let our brother date one of his employees?"

"Yeah right!" The other sister said.

"Natalie! Sophie! Don't start." Tori tried to come in.

"Averey? Is that your name?" Natalie looked me straight in the eyes and said, "You would make this family look like a joke if you ever dated our brother."

"Nat she's probably using him for his money." Sophie followed.

Natalie's eyebrows shot up. "Oh Sophie I didn't even think about that. Yeah probably."

"Typical poor girls." His mother murmured.

"Come on look at yourself! We all know you got that dress from one of those cheap dress stores. Your necklace is obviously fake. You don't look like you belong so why try. You tried darling but didn't succeed." Natalie said.

"Damn you guys sure know how to make the vibe in this room horrible." His other brother said with a chuckle.

"She should feel horrible Nate for having the gutts to come in here thinking we were going to have open arms and welcome her in. Ha like that was going to happen!" Sophie said.

Austin's mother came up to me and wiped a tear. "Honey it's time for you to leave and stay where you belong. Whatever you had with my son is over. Is that understood?"

I looked straight up to her and realized how ridiculous this family is. Now I know what Tori meant. I hate this so called family!

I had a few words to say before I leave.

"Oh it's definitely understood because I'm no longer going to see your son from this day forward. He's a coward and plain out asshole just like the rest of you. Apart from Tori of course." Tori smiled at me. "I have never been disrespected as much as I was this evening. But it's okay because I know I have morals and boundaries unlike you disgusting human beings. I have people in my life that actually care for me and treat me with respect. I'm not going to kiss your ass for respect. I deserve it. You people are worthless compared to other people and don't deserve respect whatsoever. It doesn't matter how much money you guys have! At least I'm happy with my life unlike you people who are so miserable in your 'perfect' little lives that you take it out on other people to cover your own misery. So have a nice life and I hope karma comes back and bites you in the ass." I wiped the falling tears on my face. I turned to Austin and he looked at me. "You are the biggest coward and son of a bitch I have ever met. So fuck you and have a nice life!" And with that I walked out.