Chapter 3: Well... intresting story.

I woke up in a hospital bed with a huge patch on my shoulder and a bandage on my forehead along with an Ivy attached to me. Steve was in a chair next to me asleep. I saw a clock on the wall, it read 12:30 pm. Crap, I didn't go to work, oops. I tried to reach my phone but as I did I moved my shoulder and whelped in pain. I startled Steve awake. He looked at me with sleepy eyes, then when he processed the situation he looked relieved to see me.

"Well hi sleeping beauty." I greeted.

"Glad to see you awake, how ya feeling?" He asked.His blue eyes still dazed from lack of sleep.

"Well my shoulder hurts like heck but other then that I'm great." I said sarcastically while smiling.

"I ment it with a general concern, are you always this sarcastic?" He laughed.

"Hey um I've been meaning to ask but,what happened exactly?" I asked, not remembering how I i got injured.

"You don't remember? We were jogging and then gunshots were fired and one hit you in your shoulder. Simple as that."

"Well I am in pain and tired." I noted.

"Do you want me to call in a nurse? I can just give me sec-" He started then got up out of his chair but I stopped him.

"No don't, I'm fine rely. It just...hurts a little." I told him. Why is he so nice and caring and handsome and gentlemen like and...oh just ask him out already. I don't know, should I? No, no, I don't want him involved with me and Hydra. Speaking of which, I got to get out of this hospital before they find me. That encounter was to close.

Steve's POV

We ran. The sound of gunshots went off as we ran. Her beside me, pulling my four arm. She had a firm grip but not to were it hurt. She seemed like she had done this a million times before. I felt a need to protect her, I don't know why but I did. We kept running, until she screamed and fell hard onto the concrete. I ran over, standing above her. She had been shot in the shoulder. I panicked, my mind racing. So I did the only thing I could do without causing her more pain, I picked her up and ran with her in my arms, she was conscious until we got to an ambulance that had been called then she blacked out.

The ambulance told me what hospital they were taking her to and then headed off. I was disappointed,in myself. I couldn't keep her safe, I felt this weird warm fuzzy feeling whenever I was around her. Huh, I haven't liked someone that way since...Peggy. She reminded me of Peggy. I pushed that thought aside and I headed to my apartment and changed out of my running clothes and put on a button down shirt and a brown leather jacket. I hopped on my motorcycle and drove to the hospital, I parked and went to the lady at the desk and asked about where her room was. I thanked her and went and found her room.

I slowly opened the door and I saw her. She was asleep in the hospital bed. She had a patch on her shoulder and a bandage on her forehead. I walked up next to her bedside. She looked so beautiful, yes I realize she is in the hospital all bruised but still. I leaned down and gave her a kiss on her forehead, then I checked the time and pulled up a chair by her and fell asleep.

****Time skip****

I woke with a start when Bailey whelped with pain. My eyes hazy from sleeping in this uncomfortable chair. I looked at the time, 12:30pm, have i been asleep for that long? I thought. She looked at me with a small smile.

"Well hi sleeping beauty." She greeted me.

"Glad to see your awake,how ya feeling?" I asked, I hoped she would say fine but if she didn't then that's understandable.

"Well my shoulder hurts like heck but other then that I'm great."

" I meant it with a general concern, are you always this sarcastic?" I asked while laughing.

"Hey um I've been meaning to ask but what happened exactly?" She asked. Does she not remember? Well she did hit her head.

"You don't remember? Well we were jogging and then gunshots were fired and one hit your shoulder. Simple as that." I told her.

"Well I am in pain and tired." She stated.

"Do you want me to go get a nurse? I can just give me a sec-" I started to get up but she stopped me.

"No, I'm fine rely, it just...hurts a little." I wanted to go get the nurse but I hesitated.

"Okay,if you say so. You sure?"

"Um, ya I'm sure." She reassured me. I did most of the talking after that, she said she was really tired so she fell back asleep. And so did I. I'm glad she's okay.

****Time skip****

It's been a couple of days since Bailey was released from the hospital, the doctor said to not move very much so she wouldn't rip out the stitches. Since we live across from each other I check on her occasionally. Since I had work I gave her my phone number so she could call if she needed anything. It's Friday night,Bailey invited me over for a movie night. She told me to come over whenever but that we would start the movie at 7:00. So, after I got back from SHIELD HQ, I went and changed I to a pair of jeans and a blue workout shirt and walked over.

A/N: Well guys hope you enjoyed another chapter! What do you think? Feel free to comment and share your ideas or opinions about the chapter. Have a good day! See you in the next update.